Forums
Posted By: stubbzy bond - 13th Aug 2004 1:45pm
got me spoiler sprayed by a mate & i'm gonna try fittin it myself. i need to drill 2 holes & screw it in then bond around the inside to secure it real tight.
what bond should i buy? is it something i can pick up from halfords. sorry to sound so dumb.anyone have any ideas please?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: bond - 13th Aug 2004 1:48pm
heard 'Tiger Seal' does the job really well. Not sure where you would get it though
Posted By: Tony MK2 Re: bond - 13th Aug 2004 2:52pm
why don't you try asking our sponser Kerr Chann he would be able to give you the advice that you need, either call in and see him or give the guy a ring.
hope this helps
Posted By: lazy_ben Re: bond - 13th Aug 2004 3:53pm
you probably could get some bonding stuff from halfords or motor world. just make sure you use some silicone sealant on the spoiler too! it'll stop water from leaking in where you drilled the holes (and it should stop it from rattling).
Posted By: StuyMac Re: bond - 13th Aug 2004 4:04pm
Get the stuff used to bond windscreens in with.

I know someone who does GRP stuff, vents, skirts, spoilers etc and he swears by the stuff. Couple of years ago he stuck some skirts on a 306 with it - no screws, just this, and they are still on the car smile
Posted By: stubbzy Re: bond - 13th Aug 2004 4:13pm
cool thanks guys

i'm gonna have a go & if all fails autovision will look at it on tues for me.should be on for next meet
Posted By: exploding_penguin Re: bond - 14th Aug 2004 12:03pm
use mastik come in a black tube an sticks any thin to n e thin bout 15£ a tube most diy shops will sell it
© Wirral-Wikiwirral