Forums
Posted By: smoove Stainless Exhaust Welding - 14th Feb 2006 7:17pm
bought this off ebay:

[Linked Image]

BUT...

one of the arms is missing to hold it onto the car! and looks like it has fallen off because it has been welded with mild steel:

[Linked Image]

Took it to get welded today but the guy said he'd need to use special wire and gas to weld it and it'd cost me near £50 to do it! omg he said that using the mild steel weld would burn holes in the box! the other arms are attached in the mild steel way!

can anyone help me out and tell me whats what?
Posted By: scott b Re: Stainless Exhaust Welding - 14th Feb 2006 8:44pm
back boxes like that usally come with a steel strap/band that goes round the box that can be welded to
Posted By: Mark Re: Stainless Exhaust Welding - 14th Feb 2006 10:27pm
Try getting in touch with Spray force.
They do custom Stainless Steel Exhausts all day long.

I guess they would help,
try giving them a call. Click Me
Posted By: smoove Re: Stainless Exhaust Welding - 14th Feb 2006 10:36pm
nice1 laugh

call them 2moro

got cybox number aswel!
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Stainless Exhaust Welding - 14th Feb 2006 11:28pm
If you want mate I can get it tig welded when i go into work, dnt want anything for it just as a favour. happy
Posted By: Mark Re: Stainless Exhaust Welding - 15th Feb 2006 12:56am
Originally posted by smoove:
nice1 laugh

call them 2moro

got cybox number aswel!
Same number smack laugh
Posted By: Scooby Re: Stainless Exhaust Welding - 15th Feb 2006 1:10am
Originally posted by punto driver:
If you want mate I can get it tig welded when i go into work, dnt want anything for it just as a favour. happy
Now isnt that what Cruisewirral.com is all about, one member helping another member out thumbsup

What a wonderfull world we live in......
Posted By: smoove Re: Stainless Exhaust Welding - 15th Feb 2006 9:23am
Originally posted by WebMaster:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by smoove:
<strong> nice1 laugh

call them 2moro

got cybox number aswel!
Same number help
Posted By: smoove Re: Stainless Exhaust Welding - 15th Feb 2006 9:45am
Originally posted by punto driver:
that sounds great! im going to fone up spray force first and coz they might be able to fit it aswel! and they can do the cat back too 35mm to 50mm! ill let u know...
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Stainless Exhaust Welding - 15th Feb 2006 6:05pm
okay no probs
Posted By: DavidB Re: Stainless Exhaust Welding - 18th Feb 2006 5:21pm
There's two different wires used for welding stainless and mild steel, they're about 8 quid for a 20m reel, I've done both without any gas?!
Posted By: civic boy Re: Stainless Exhaust Welding - 18th Feb 2006 6:12pm
i used 2 work in a fabi workshop and they will probably have 2 tig weld it m8 which is a bit of a specialest job, wouldnt try doin yeself unless ye no wot ye doin
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Stainless Exhaust Welding - 18th Feb 2006 8:23pm
Originally posted by StationMiek:
There's two different wires used for welding stainless and mild steel, they're about 8 quid for a 20m reel, I've done both without any gas?!
you must have a no gas mig set then
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Stainless Exhaust Welding - 19th Feb 2006 8:12pm
cybox did my back box without any brackets they just put a strap round it and then welded the hanger tot hat then fitted it. simple job when you know what your doing.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral