Forums
Posted By: Johnny Alan 'Clicking noise' on Punto - 8th May 2005 7:02pm
hey peeps was driving my car yesterday and heard a clicking noise when i went round bend i looked around the arches to find all it was was a cable tie but this morning the same thing happened but it was coming from the front left of my car i went to fiat and they said they couldnt do anything till monday so i called the AA i drove him around the block and when we returned he jacked the car up and spun the whell to chech driveshaft etc it was at this point i noticed oil spewing from the seal between my gearbox and engine i then had to get taken back to fiat and should get a call back of them monday i just hope the box aint ****ed and that i get it back soon good thing tho is its covered on the waranty
Posted By: Scooby Re: 'Clicking noise' on Punto - 8th May 2005 7:18pm
I wouldnt be sure sure about your warranty mate.

Warranty's only cover "Mechanical Failure" and NOT "Wear & Tear" Read your terms and conditions in your warranty policy......
Posted By: grizz Re: 'Clicking noise' on Punto - 8th May 2005 8:52pm
yep , sorry 2 say it but most warranty's dont cover very much at all . They give you a long list of stuff that is covered but they have a great get out "wear & tear" . The good point is that if it's a cv it should be covered ! But not for oil leaks !!! G
Posted By: saz2004 Re: 'Clicking noise' on Punto - 9th May 2005 2:34pm
sorry to hear it rhys! hope ya get it sorted for the nationals!!
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: 'Clicking noise' on Punto - 10th May 2005 6:13pm
cars up on the ramps in fiat gearbox is geting swaped should get it back this weeks i hope i think it is all covered. yipeeee it aint wear and tear for a gearbox to go on a 9month old car
Posted By: grizz Re: 'Clicking noise' on Punto - 11th May 2005 7:51pm
Good news bud , did'nt know it was that new !!!G
© Wirral-Wikiwirral