Forums
Posted By: jonny vectra sri Brand New Corsa broke - 25th Jun 2006 11:37am
HAHA so much for reliability with new cars these days me girlfriend brought a 1.8 corsa sxi+ 3 weeks ago and yes its BROKE it broke down on friday night the engine started shaking and knocking and then died it wouldnt start up so its back at lookers in birkenhead and gettin seen to on monday haha ****in vauxhalls. lookers said there was no garantee that it would get seen to on saturday the little *******! mad not being funny but a customer pays ten grand on a new car it brakes down 3 weeks later they should see to it straight away in my opinion

Admin note: Title changed
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Brand New Corsa broke - 25th Jun 2006 11:45am
Have they given her a courtousy car in the meantime?

I agree, its not right tht a car should break that fast, but give Lookers a chance to see if they resolve the situation adequatly first smile
Posted By: scoop Re: Brand New Corsa broke - 25th Jun 2006 11:50am
which lookers is it in. A lot of new cars are shit like that due to all the computers in them. I bet it was an ECU fault that killed it,and the engine may be damaged due to all the shaking and banging it did
Posted By: jonny vectra sri Re: Brand New Corsa broke - 25th Jun 2006 11:51am
no they wouldnt give her one coz shes under 19 they wont insure her with one mad mad its in birkenhead lookers
Posted By: Pomp Re: Brand New Corsa broke - 25th Jun 2006 11:54am
O.M.G wot a joke
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Brand New Corsa broke - 25th Jun 2006 12:28pm
gutted, especially if the engines ****ed. I think you should be seen to asap too.

reminder to cali: get rid of your vauxhall, dont get another vauxhall, and get the audi! haha
Posted By: lawton Re: Brand New Corsa broke - 25th Jun 2006 12:35pm
my mum and dad got a brand new corsa 1.2 sxi from them last year and within a few months it broke down, it was something to do with the ecu, plus the clutch was dodgy and still is cause the keep fobing them off, the customer service there is crap
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Brand New Corsa broke - 25th Jun 2006 1:52pm
are the clutchs hydralic on the corsa?
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Brand New Corsa broke - 26th Jun 2006 9:01am
My mate has had 2 brand new cars with ecu problems on both, a Vauxhall Astra and a Renault Clio.

Hence why i won't buy a new car, usually most problems are ironed out after 3 years.
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Brand New Corsa broke - 26th Jun 2006 9:24am
something tells me its not vauxhalls, its just vauxhall corsas. i wouldnt buy a new car anywas. the resale value on them just isnt worth it. better of buying a 12 month old one at a quarter of the retails price just cos its got 1 owner.
Posted By: scoop Re: Brand New Corsa broke - 26th Jun 2006 7:24pm
Owen (neon-O) had to take his mk5 astra back after 3 months cos the ECU packed up,and they dont like doing burnouts either as that confused the ABS
Posted By: Wheels Re: Brand New Corsa broke - 26th Jun 2006 10:53pm
Lookers are a joke!
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Brand New Corsa broke - 28th Jun 2006 9:57pm
i also remember on owens car, he changed the interior bulb to a blue one and the hole car ****ed up. he had to get a toe home in the end. how gay.
Posted By: Scooby Re: Brand New Corsa broke - 29th Jun 2006 12:48am
As somer of you may know i got a TD6 Range Rover several months ago.

[Linked Image]

This cost over £30,000 and i bought it expecting to have luxury trouble free motoring omg (The vehicle costs £60,000 to buy new)</font></li>
[*]It is currently getting £9,000 worth of warranty work carried out although the warranty has now expired
[*]Land Rover UK are involved as is my own solisitor
[*]They have had the vehicle for about 2 months now repairing it and its still not repaired</ul><font size="2" face="Arial,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
Just a few of the things that have gone faulty and been or getting replaced :

• 2 x driveshafts (Only replaced 200 miles ago and gone faulty already)
  • 2 x front headlamps (They have there very own ECU which is faulty)
  • nearside mirror assembly
  • Drivers seat airbag
  • Rear suspension bushes (Upper and lower)
  • LCD Display on dashboard
  • Steering wheel
  • All window seals
  • Rear window (Incorporates radio ariel which was poor reception)
  • Alternator
  • Transfer Box ECU
  • ABS ECU
  • Air Suspension module
  • Drivers door lock actuator
  • 2 x brake disc backing plates (Corroded and broken fouling brake discs)
  • DCS Control Unit

If all that wasnt bad enough when they last had the vehicle for warranty repairs it got damaged whilst in there care, they are obviously attempting to deny the fact......

mad Dont buy a range rover peeps mad
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Brand New Corsa broke - 29th Jun 2006 5:30pm
woohoo! I learnt something the hard way, well, at scooby's expense anyway. At least i know not to buy a range rover lol
Posted By: jonny vectra sri Re: Brand New Corsa broke - 1st Jul 2006 11:00am
well it turns out that they havent got a monkeys with whats up with the engine so its getting a new one. the car took 8 weeks to arrive from the factory so i hope that its not going to take another 8 weeks to get the engine. proper poo customer service
Posted By: scoop Re: Brand New Corsa broke - 1st Jul 2006 10:11pm
tell them ur not paying the finance over the period u havent got the car.Dont pay for something u arent able to use. How ****ing stupid are they,changing an engine when it could be fine,personally i think they shud change ECU and sensors first as if its electrical (which it 90% prob is) then the same ****ed sensors are gonna run the next engine poorly

Bloody pirates,engines are too complicated these days tho.far too many sensors used to make the economy "just right"
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Brand New Corsa broke - 2nd Jul 2006 9:18am
Scooby dont try to sell the rangy to anyone on here now you posted that.

make sure if lookers are changing the engine make sure they change everything that goes with it. make sure you also get the log book for the new engine as when its serviced both books will need to be stamped like on my car.

I have original service book and the replacement engine book. I would never ever go to lookers not even to buy a second hand car because of the workers and there lazy asred attitude.

i would go out of the area to cheshire or northwales for a car from vauxhall. although i have heard all vauxhall dealerships are a bit crap.
Posted By: Scooby Re: Brand New Corsa broke - 2nd Jul 2006 9:28am
Originally posted by Cali 16v:
Scooby dont try to sell the rangy to anyone on here now you posted that.
Why not, after having all that work carried out the car is FAULTLESS.....

I used to work for lookers in Chester and walked out after about 6 weeks, you really dont want to know what goes on behind the doors of a dealership, trust me omg
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Brand New Corsa broke - 13th Jul 2006 7:35pm
Originally posted by Scooby:
Originally posted by Cali 16v:
[b] Scooby dont try to sell the rangy to anyone on here now you posted that.
Why not, after having all that work carried out the car is FAULTLESS.....

I used to work for lookers in Chester and walked out after about 6 weeks, you really dont want to know what goes on behind the doors of a dealership, trust me omg [/b]
i do tell us as am nosey laugh
Posted By: Lund Re: Brand New Corsa broke - 13th Jul 2006 8:49pm
Originally posted by Scooby:

[*]The warranty claims total a massive [b]£88,000
omg (The vehicle costs £60,000 to buy new)[/b]
Are you sure they spent £88,000 trying to get it right? Y not just give you another new one, as it would work out alot cheaper and alot less hassle for them, I cant see them paying that much, or maybe they did! eek

Thank God they've had 50 years to try get the Defender just right! smack
Posted By: scoop Re: Brand New Corsa broke - 13th Jul 2006 9:18pm
the warranty work WOULD have cost 88k if it was paid for,at 60 pound an hour labour and the rediculous prices put on the new motors and ECUs involved,but as land rover werent SELLING the services then it was much less. Just means that all the new motors have been given away instead of sold for hundreds
© Wirral-Wikiwirral