Forums
Posted By: jonny vectra sri OIL LEAKS AGAIN - 15th Sep 2006 3:07pm
i have got 3 oil leaks coming from my engine and im ****ing fuming! mad mad mad im not sure whats causing the leaks but i will post some pics up if any 1 can help. i know were 2 of the leaks are cumming from the sump and breather pipe but there is one cumming from the engine and i dont think its the rocker cover gasket because i only had this done a month or 2 ago and that area is dry it a bit further down. it runs and drives fine no smoke or knocking. help
Posted By: jonny vectra sri Re: OIL LEAKS AGAIN - 15th Sep 2006 3:21pm
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Scooby Re: OIL LEAKS AGAIN - 16th Sep 2006 12:56am
Right, Oil leaks downwards due to gravity so you have to find the higest point and thats where it is coming from. Easier said than done..... :cheers:
Posted By: jonny vectra sri Re: OIL LEAKS AGAIN - 16th Sep 2006 9:18am
yeah it could be back pressure the car has done 95,000 miles so its a high miler. thanks for advice scoob happy
Posted By: jonny vectra sri Re: OIL LEAKS AGAIN - 19th Sep 2006 12:37pm
i have checked for pressure or spitting oil but there isnt any just a little bit ov smoke?
Posted By: StuyMac Re: OIL LEAKS AGAIN - 19th Sep 2006 7:46pm
Is it weeping from the headgasket?

TBH I think anyone who has a 100% dry engine after 50k miles is doing very well think

Is the car using much oil, or dripping a lot on to the floor?
Posted By: jonny vectra sri Re: OIL LEAKS AGAIN - 20th Sep 2006 3:01pm
no its dripping about 2 drops a day its mostly seeping rather than leaking. its not using very much oil at all. the head gasket area seems to be dry and iv only had that replaced about 2 months back. MOT in 4 weeks aswell
Posted By: DavidB Re: OIL LEAKS AGAIN - 30th Sep 2006 7:58pm
It could be the rocker cover gasket, it's a sh*tty rubber thing that cracks under the heat. There is a special corner in front of the distributor (or where they used to be) where they seep. If you let your engine warm up for about 15 minutes and if the bolts can tighten up anymore, then it might be that, they have to be dead tight as the whole thing is pressurised and it pushes the oil out (and there's a lot of oil flicking about on the camshafts).

If there's any coming from the sump, accept it - most Vauxhalls leak from there a couple of drips a day, even new ones, nobody has yet to fix it.
Posted By: DavidB Re: OIL LEAKS AGAIN - 30th Sep 2006 7:59pm
Are you sure the crank beather pipe isn't blocked up? The firewall gets blocked and drips really black, orrible oil.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral