Forums
Posted By: StuyMac Engine update - 1st Feb 2005 1:07pm
Couldnt find the original thread confused

Soooo, engine is in bits!

The news aint good!

4 main bearings have gone, rods are knackered, crank is knackered, psitons are knackered as they have scraped the bores meaning the block is also fubarred! Oil pump has had it, turbos need a recon - basically, a full new bottom end

He has suggested oil contamination from maybe when the new turbos where fitted, but Im pretty sure that if there was anything in there it would have been caught by the filter

My oil pressure was low, but I put that down to a dodgy sendor (They are known for failure) but such a sudden deteriation in the engine could acutally be an oil pump failure and the gauge was correct???

Im going up there this afternoon to have a look at the motor and the damage and where to go with it
Posted By: Mark Re: Engine update - 1st Feb 2005 1:21pm
Originally posted by StuyMac:
My oil pressure was low, but I put that down to a dodgy sendor (They are known for failure) but such a sudden deteriation in the engine could acutally be an oil pump failure and the gauge was correct???
humm wouldnt metion that.

It dosent sound good,
So is the re-build company at fault still or
more of a who knows?

Fingers crossed somthing can be sorted ?
Posted By: aceritz Re: Engine update - 1st Feb 2005 1:22pm
it goes from bad to worse Mr Mac
i really do feel for you matey
but a b4 would be better
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Engine update - 1st Feb 2005 1:38pm
gutted man. sell it and go back to the 200's im sure you never had this problem.
Posted By: Tony MK2 Re: Engine update - 1st Feb 2005 3:30pm
Gutted for you stuy matey what you gonna do now dude think
Posted By: Meesh Re: Engine update - 1st Feb 2005 6:54pm
Gutted! frown

sounding very painful! Let ua know what ya next move is
Posted By: Superdavelotus Re: Engine update - 8th Feb 2005 12:21pm
Stuy, just read your post, sorry to hear about this. My oil gauge is a bit faulty so Iam going to have it checked out this week just as a precaution.
Maybe it's time to consider the bigger picture and rethink? You had far less hassle with your 200SX and it ws a top motor!
I love Skylines and Iam considering buying one day but after reading the horror stories may go for a 4 cylinder Scooby or Evo.
Posted By: Scooby Re: Engine update - 8th Feb 2005 8:49pm
Originally posted by Superdavelotus:
I love Skylines and Iam considering buying one day but after reading the horror stories may go for a 4 cylinder Scooby or Evo.
I am on my 4th Impreza engine so i wouldnt fall into the trap of thinking 4 cylinder engines are more reliable or cheaper. The last short engine was a £6,000 Subaru factory new engine smack

Dont take this the wrong way as Subaru's are generally reliable and robust, however when you start pushing the 400BHP barrier on an engine that was designed to run at 200BHP, well need i say more ????

Any up-dated news on the engine stewy ?? Whats happening with it, who is paying the bill ??
© Wirral-Wikiwirral