Forums
Posted By: alex mc Evo Vent - Help with fitting - 11th Jan 2005 12:22am
i have just bought an evo vent (thanks punto) and i am woundering the best way to fit it!
1)cut a perfect hole in the bonnet and push it up from the underside and use metal brackets then filler it!
2) plonk it ontop an silicone it!
3) rivet it like the proper evo vent on the fast and the furious!
cheers boys
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: Evo Vent - Help with fitting - 11th Jan 2005 1:41am
Rivets, and cut the holes and mesh them aswell so at least it's got some kind of purpose.

Make sure you silicon the outline of where it's gonna go before you rivet it on too, otherwise your bonnet will end up rusting through.
Posted By: Scooby Re: Evo Vent - Help with fitting - 11th Jan 2005 9:32am
Why not pop into our sponser Kerr Chan and see what he say's.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Evo Vent - Help with fitting - 11th Jan 2005 1:54pm
I agree with Scooby. Let the professionals do it as its a really tricky job if your unsure about what you are doing. happy
Posted By: alex mc Re: Evo Vent - Help with fitting - 11th Jan 2005 8:17pm
cheers for the tips!
will do
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Evo Vent - Help with fitting - 9th Mar 2005 7:56pm
hey mate i think the best thing to do is to take it to automotion they did a great job of my f50 spit, to cut cost you could do the hard work yourself i watched him do mine over the week and he began by riveting it down into position and then fiberglassing it to the bonet round the edges once dry all the rivets were removed it was then smoothed and sprayed, remember the rivets have to be removed otherwise the heat from the engine goes through the rivet and burn the paint leaving circles round the bonet
© Wirral-Wikiwirral