Forums
Posted By: Sanchez steam cleaned engines - 19th Feb 2005 4:00pm
weres the best place to go.
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: steam cleaned engines - 19th Feb 2005 4:18pm
I've got a steam cleaner, if you fancy callin round on monday you can borrow it happy
Posted By: Gary Re: steam cleaned engines - 19th Feb 2005 8:31pm
ive been told not to use these as they wreck and cause havoc with electrics, duno if its true but thats what ive heard
Posted By: tony_220 Re: steam cleaned engines - 19th Feb 2005 8:40pm
i always use them on my car in work and there fine!
Posted By: Sanchez Re: steam cleaned engines - 19th Feb 2005 8:44pm
thanks jim, is it a powerfull one, tony, purhaps you steam cleaned away your gasket lol.
Posted By: Meesh Re: steam cleaned engines - 19th Feb 2005 8:56pm
Originally posted by tony_220:
i always use them on my car in work and there fine!
but your car always has something wrong with it! smack
Posted By: Tony MK2 Re: steam cleaned engines - 19th Feb 2005 9:06pm
i use a company called uncle sam's in b'head by the toyota show room they do a good job price starts at a tenner

hope this helps
Posted By: CorsaJohn Re: steam cleaned engines - 21st Feb 2005 12:24pm
as long as you keep th engine runnin an covered ya spark plugs an ya alarm if its visible ya shud b fine i get mine dun at toyota free of charge!
Posted By: Go Go Gadget Re: steam cleaned engines - 21st Feb 2005 6:55pm
i would worry about it if tony220 does it hehehe, i need to do mine so if you want call round and we can do both at the same time mate i have a power jet wash really powerful one
Posted By: Sanchez Re: steam cleaned engines - 21st Feb 2005 8:14pm
thanks dudes.
Posted By: Dazza Re: steam cleaned engines - 14th Mar 2005 2:11pm
Aslong as Electrics are well covered it will be fine asuming the engine is left running.

I did this to mine awhile ago and a small amount of water got past the HT lead, causing the sparkplug to arch out - Thing is it only started arching 4 days after i cleaned it.

If you do have any problems check out the Sponsers page for any help you may need.

Personally a trip to AutoSafe soon sorted it all out. The symptons once it was arching was a popping exhaust, severe lack of power and generally didnt run right

DNA by The KFC (Off Rockferry by-pass) do engine steamcleans
© Wirral-Wikiwirral