Forums
Posted By: joe spare wheel - 28th Nov 2004 8:45pm
just wondering does every one carry a spare wheel in there car cause the install am hopeing on doing a won't be able to carry spare wheel
Posted By: Scooby Re: spare wheel - 28th Nov 2004 9:02pm
If you cannot carry a spare wheel then i would suggest to carry a tin of Tyre seal, I wrecks the inside of your tyre but gets you home so to speak........
Posted By: lazy_ben Re: spare wheel - 28th Nov 2004 11:50pm
I might get rid of my spare wheel because its pretty much useless now. The only problem is i dont want it rattling around like Adam's does. You dont need one for an MOT do ya?
Posted By: Dazza Re: spare wheel - 29th Nov 2004 12:09am
Spare wheel doesnt come into your MOT. I carry a can of tyreweld as i can use my 14" on my car since i hav 17" all round and need a wheel at least 16" to get over my front calipers!
Posted By: AX_125 Re: spare wheel - 29th Nov 2004 10:33am
I have heard MG ZR's dont come with a spare wheel, and come with that tyre weld, to save weight apparently
Posted By: Anonymous Re: spare wheel - 29th Nov 2004 4:46pm
yer my spare's been ditched, need to cut out the carrier for it now as the rattling makes my car sound worse than it already does!! i'd probly throw the spare wheel in the boot though if i new i was going to be doing a long journey, other than that i just keep a can of tyre weld in the car cool
Posted By: dave the rave Re: spare wheel - 29th Nov 2004 6:14pm
a lot of new cars dont come with spares wheels anymore help
Posted By: scoop Re: spare wheel - 29th Nov 2004 7:47pm
I heard tyre weld renders the wheel it is fitted to useless, is this true as i dont wanna fork out 4 a new wheel if i use it and i would love to ditch my spare and put my amp in the well and have a perspex lid over the amps little cubbyhole in the wheelwell.
Posted By: Scooby Re: spare wheel - 29th Nov 2004 8:10pm
Tyre Weld does render the "TYRE" Useless and not the wheel.

Take the Panic out of Punctures

Tyreweld tyre repair, a market leading safety device throughout Europe with over 20 years' heritage, is one of motoring's best-kept secrets.

With over 28m cars in the UK and 7.3 million punctures on British Roads every year = 1 in 4 chance of developing a puncture. On average a car user will incur a puncture every 38k miles. Tyreweld eliminates the need for immediate tyre change.

FEATURES AND BENEFITS

Seals and inflates punctured tyres instantly
Eliminates the need for immediate tyre change
Approved by National Tyre Distributors Association.

The tyreweld solution is transferred into the tyre via the valve connector, providing enough pressure to re-inflate the tyre. When the car is driven at a reduced speed (do not exceed 30mph) the centrifugal force distributes the solution around the tyre which “cures” to provide an effective “get you home” repair. At the earliest opportunity the tyre must be taken to a Professional Tyre Repairer for appropriate attention.

Approved by the National Tyre Distributors Association, Tyreweld is an easy-to-use addition to every car's first aid kit, delivering that all-important peace of mind to road users.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: mikebroomy Re: spare wheel - 30th Nov 2004 2:18am
i carry my spare wheel with me but i dunno why as it's standard when the rest are 18's!
Posted By: rossi-foci Re: spare wheel - 30th Nov 2004 11:14am
yeah i wouldnt mind gettin rid of me spare wheel and sinking a 15" sub into the well a bit or somethin similar/along those lines! would it make the car feel much faster not havin a spare wheel?
Posted By: exploding_penguin Re: spare wheel - 30th Nov 2004 3:50pm
i aint got a spare wheelbut like adam if im gin on a long journy i will take 1, i also carry a can of tire weld
Posted By: Scooby Re: spare wheel - 30th Nov 2004 5:10pm
Originally posted by rossi-foci:
would it make the car feel much faster not havin a spare wheel?
You wouldnt notice the differance matey smack
Posted By: rossi-foci Re: spare wheel - 30th Nov 2004 7:42pm
what about them wheels that are made out of lead? heh only jokin. yeh think i'll jus leav it in till i get some bigger rims!
Posted By: PAZ Re: spare wheel - 30th Nov 2004 10:54pm
I have no space for mine either, i just throw it in the rear seats when goin some distance...
Posted By: AL Re: spare wheel - 30th Nov 2004 11:11pm
Mines got the most ridiculous space saver wheel ever made its tiny!
Posted By: Dazza Re: spare wheel - 1st Dec 2004 12:06am
Does it look like a Donought? I agree with Pingu and Adam if i was goin long haul id chuck ya spare in just incase - If worst comes 2 worst and a front wheel went id have to stick on rear on the front and the spare on the rear just so it would fit!!
Posted By: maverick Re: spare wheel - 5th Dec 2004 8:48pm
I carry a spare wheel, I have 17" on my car, the spare 14" or 15" with a bigger tyre. There is not much different it size, when you add the size of the wheel + tyre...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: spare wheel - 6th Dec 2004 10:44pm
My dads car has a spare wheel although it sits in the boot, its in a "round suitcase" so to speak. It sits on the side and doesnt get in the way. All he has to do, to get it out is lift the top of the 'suitcase' off and its out!

Plenty of space for an install... as if he would ever have one anyway smack
Posted By: Rob-3i Re: spare wheel - 7th Dec 2004 8:51pm
mines best.. it's under the car, those tyre inflators are no good if the tyre is slashed or disintergrates tho are they? lmao
Posted By: Meesh Re: spare wheel - 8th Dec 2004 9:15pm
keep tyreweld in me car cos me spare got used, dunno weather to get a new spare from a scrappy or sumat or weather to do what ad did and have the tray cut off
Posted By: Sanchez Re: spare wheel - 14th Jan 2005 6:56pm
ditch it, its a sacrafice but well worth it
Posted By: Smiler198 Re: spare wheel - 22nd Jan 2005 12:41am
My clio dont have spare wheel, 2 cans of tyre foam and thats ment to do.. frown
© Wirral-Wikiwirral