Forums
Posted By: blueassassin engine cutting out - 5th Jun 2006 12:35am
Just been driving my car, and when i get to about 4k revs the revs drop to 1k and there is no power happened bout 5 times in space of an hour. aint checked anythin coz of bad light but any suggestions of what it could be and is it expensive to fix?
thanx will
Posted By: 200sx Re: engine cutting out - 5th Jun 2006 7:33am
hiya mate i had this trouble on a corsa of mine turned out to be 1 of the sensors. best bet is to take it to a fiat specialest an get him to put it on a diagnostics computer
Posted By: Mark Re: engine cutting out - 5th Jun 2006 10:22am
Duttons - Cruisewirral Sponsor have all the Diagnositics for Fiat.

See Sponors forum for Details.

Sounds like a Sensor or Fueling problem.
Posted By: blueassassin Re: engine cutting out - 5th Jun 2006 11:49am
could redex sort it out if its a fuel blockage? coz i ran my tank really empty before i filled it back up again.
Posted By: scoop Re: engine cutting out - 5th Jun 2006 9:00pm
if this has happened straight after running ur tank empty u may have blocked something (pump,filer,injectors) just get it to the pros mate as they'll find it straight away for ya instead of u taking your fuel system to bits,

it may be a sensor/ecu problem tho
Posted By: blueassassin Re: engine cutting out - 6th Jun 2006 12:07am
i gambled with a £.50 bottle of redex from halfords and seems to of done the trick. purrs like a kitten again.il let u no if anythin changes
Posted By: blueassassin Re: engine cutting out - 6th Jun 2006 12:08am
*£3.50
Posted By: scoop Re: engine cutting out - 6th Jun 2006 10:51am
i red-exed the last 2 tanks of my car to help clean it up. Think ill be using that ecotek stuff in a few weeks aswell to clean my valves and chambers
Posted By: GazzA Re: engine cutting out - 6th Jun 2006 1:56pm
Had the same problem on my old corsa....

problem was that the lambat sensor was faulty, got it replace for pennies and car was fine after that.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral