Forums
Posted By: Gary front bumber removal - 24th Feb 2005 7:16pm
not so much a problem as yet but could be, im planning on taking my front bumber off my quiksilver this weekend and wondered how hard itd be or if theres anythin to look out for? cheers
Posted By: dikky5 Re: front bumber removal - 24th Feb 2005 8:17pm
dont no
Posted By: Tony MK2 Re: front bumber removal - 25th Feb 2005 2:16am
hi
in my time of takin front bumper off it is a 17" or 19" socket or spanner you may need to jack your car up and support it on axhel stands then undo i think 4 nuts&bolts should take any longer than a half an hour to an hour maybe you should consult your owners manual also to locate were the nuts&bolts are,
Hope this help how ever little happy
Posted By: aceritz Re: front bumber removal - 25th Feb 2005 2:18am
if its anything like the saxo, its a dog, loadsa clips and torx and 10 mm nuts everywhere, i tried to take mine off after reading the how to destroy manual and i couldn't do it
Posted By: DavidB Re: front bumber removal - 27th Feb 2005 12:30am
In theory, there should be two bolts going from the bumper's 'cross-member' into the body and bolted on with nuts, and it's screwed in tight around the wheel arch.

In reality, you'll have to jack it up, and put the car on axle stands, and take the arch linings off for improved access. You may need to break your arms in a few places to get them through the maze of coolant pipes etc.
Posted By: PAZ Re: front bumber removal - 27th Feb 2005 11:59am
Get a haynes, buddy, 5 minute job..
© Wirral-Wikiwirral