Forums
Posted By: spinking Flamer kit? - 30th Jun 2005 11:31am
I friend asked me if you can get a flamer kit for a none turbo.

Can you/who makes them/ and who could fit one. think
Posted By: Scooby Re: Flamer kit? - 30th Jun 2005 3:42pm
Yes, you can get a flamer kit for a NON Turbo.

It will NOT work if the vehicle has a Catalyst fitted.

They are readily available from the likes of E-Bay.

Several of our sponsers can fit them or you could fit it yourself depending on your ability/knowledge think
Posted By: Smiler198 Re: Flamer kit? - 3rd Jul 2005 6:12pm
Whats the overall effect too the exhaust system...

Is there any long term damage , or is it just ignited on exit from the system.
Posted By: Scooby Re: Flamer kit? - 3rd Jul 2005 7:16pm
Your tail pipe normally gets tarnished due to the extreame temperatures. Appart from that, nothing much.....
Posted By: sted Re: Flamer kit? - 4th Jul 2005 2:33pm
how much are u lookin at to buy and kit and get it fitted etc??
Posted By: Scooby Re: Flamer kit? - 4th Jul 2005 6:55pm
Flamer Kits can vary from approx £30 to £120ish depending on the kit itself.

Labour would probably be anywhere from 2 - 4 hours (£60 - £120) depending on which kit and how complex the wiring is for that vehicle and how you want it to work....
Posted By: sted Re: Flamer kit? - 4th Jul 2005 10:07pm
so wat kind of result would u get from it with the car not havin a turbo would it be the same as jims for example ??
Posted By: Scooby Re: Flamer kit? - 4th Jul 2005 10:29pm
The turbo dosnt matter at all, the same results can be achieved from a normally aspirated cars providing your fitting a flamer kit and the vehicle dosnt have a Catalyst fitted.

Jims has a two stage flamer kit fitted.

• Stage one
    This is the smaller fluffy yellow flame produced from revving the engine high and allowing the engine revs to fall.

• Stage Two
    This is the Powerfull Blue Jet type of flame.

Either one of these can be fitted to most cars. Stage two is more complex.
Posted By: tony_220 Re: Flamer kit? - 6th Jul 2005 10:29am
there both a piece of psh! give us a shout if u need a hand tupac!
Posted By: John WRX Re: Flamer kit? - 6th Jul 2005 1:41pm
Originally posted by Scooby:
Your tail pipe normally gets tarnished due to the extreame temperatures. Appart from that, nothing much.....
..........apart from melted bumpers, spoilers, chargrilled people walkin in the way and interiors on fire wink
Posted By: spinking Re: Flamer kit? - 6th Jul 2005 1:48pm
Originally posted by John WRX:
[b] Your tail pipe normally gets tarnished due to the extreame temperatures. Appart from that, nothing much.....
..........apart from melted bumpers, spoilers, chargrilled people walkin in the way and interiors on fire wink [/b]
If that doesnt put my mate off dont know what will.

Was thinking of it myself till this popped up raftl
Posted By: tony_220 Re: Flamer kit? - 6th Jul 2005 10:50pm
Originally posted by John WRX:
[b] Your tail pipe normally gets tarnished due to the extreame temperatures. Appart from that, nothing much.....
..........apart from melted bumpers, spoilers, chargrilled people walkin in the way and interiors on fire wink [/b]
im with u on that one my friend! ill help u fit a fire extinguisher aswell!
Posted By: Smiler198 Re: Flamer kit? - 23rd Jul 2005 9:06am
Can one be fitted too a bike.?
Posted By: Scooby Re: Flamer kit? - 23rd Jul 2005 10:18am
LOl, I think so... No Reason why not matey.
Posted By: spinking Re: Flamer kit? - 23rd Jul 2005 11:46am
There was a lad at the rock a couple of weeks ago who had small flames popping from the zorst dont know if it was a flamer kit though.
Posted By: DavidB Re: Flamer kit? - 24th Jul 2005 7:58pm
This is going back a few years now, but someone I know hadn't yet remapped the ECU to match his throttle bodies, so the fuelling was really overrich. I think the fuel regulator had been changed as well. He just used a fifth sparkplug and this is the result, it's quite cool:

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=DaveB-Flames&width=original
Posted By: scoop Re: Flamer kit? - 27th Jul 2005 8:05am
Im after a flamer kit for the Si. Is it possible for my car to put out flames as good as gadgets car? Can you make it happen jay and how much money we lookin at? U gettin that patent?
Posted By: Scooby Re: Flamer kit? - 27th Jul 2005 8:16am
Is you car de-catted ??
Posted By: scoop Re: Flamer kit? - 27th Jul 2005 9:44am
it will be
Posted By: Scooby Re: Flamer kit? - 27th Jul 2005 3:50pm
Yes its possible to get it flamin like Jims, It is quite easily done yourself with the backup from me. I can guide you through the process and that way it would cost you about £50 for parts only.
Posted By: scoop Re: Flamer kit? - 27th Jul 2005 5:06pm
Ok. Could you PM me the list for the parts I require and a good place to get em from

Id love for mine to be as flame happy as the above astra
Posted By: Scooby Re: Flamer kit? - 27th Jul 2005 5:55pm
Okay, you need a "Flamer Kit Module" readily avalable from E-Bay for approx £25.00

E-Bay link to the Flamer Kit.....

You also need :
  • 14mm Spark Plug (Smaller Type Plug)
  • Long High Tension Lead (Spark Plug Lead)
  • Ignition Coil (Sports Type is best)
  • 14mm Drill Bit or Hole Cutter.
  • 12v Wire (Approx 10 metres).
  • 12v Flick Switch (Pilot switch is best)
  • 12v Push button switch.
  • Various electrical connections.
  • A Metric nut to fit the spark plug thread.

Firstly you need to drill a hole in your tail pipe after the back box and put the spark plug into it and fit the metric nut and tighten it up securly.

Secondly fit the ignition coil into your boot area, normally hidden behind the trim.

Thirdly connect the High Tension Lead from the spark plug to the ignition coil.

Fourthly Wire in the "Flamer Module" according to the manufactures instructions (They vary from make to make)

Top Tip, Where it tells you to wire in a switched live, simply remove your rear fog light bulb(s) and scotchlock the switch live wire from the flamer module to your rear fog light live wire. This uses your rear fog light switch as your flamer switch, but remember two things, re-fit the fog light bulbs for your MOT Test and your rear fog lights only work when your lights are switched on therefore your flamer will only work with your lights switched on. Also you know if the flamer is switched on due to the FOG LIGHT warning lamp being illuminated.

Will continue soon, brain dead now.... smack
Posted By: lawton Re: Flamer kit? - 27th Jul 2005 6:15pm
would love to do this on my car but its abit too comlicated for me, so think i will leave it for a while, jay, have you thought about putting your flame kit back on the scooby?
Posted By: scoop Re: Flamer kit? - 27th Jul 2005 6:26pm
Can this damage your engine in any way?
It says it cuts the ignition leting the engine just cycle fuel without burning it. Doesnt this pose a threat to the engine somehow?
Posted By: Scooby Re: Flamer kit? - 27th Jul 2005 11:39pm
I May be fitting a single flamer kit to the new 4.5" jap exhaust but not sure yet....

I guess you could get some bore wash from the non ignited fuel maybe but personally i dont care when i am throwing the flames, its worth the attention think
Posted By: Go Go Gadget Re: Flamer kit? - 28th Jul 2005 12:59am
using the butane i would call u a cheat just like in the nationals

i was the only car not using anything other than a pure engine power and fuel.

its not done any harm to mine i use it every day and night im a true petrol head and SHELL OPTIMAX love me lol
Posted By: scoop Re: Flamer kit? - 28th Jul 2005 7:06am
What DID the scooby have. I want that sort of one. Where u got a flame goin then pumped it larger and larger til it was over the roof!! Do i need a turbod big engine for that? cant imagine the 1.6/1.8 Si lumps chuckin out much unburnt fuel even with a spark cut kit
Posted By: Scooby Re: Flamer kit? - 28th Jul 2005 8:58am
Scoop, the scooby has "One Off" Flamer which i wouldnt disclose the details to anyone. I custom made that one myself thumbsup

No Butane or gases used.
Posted By: Wheels Re: Flamer kit? - 11th May 2007 10:52pm
Originally Posted by LTI2020
er...dont you think the Police might not be too happy..and sieze your car if it had a flamer kit? or at least give youpoints on your licence for dangerous parts

this thread is from 30th Jun 2005!!

and strange post be it you 2nd.
Posted By: jonah Re: Flamer kit? - 12th May 2007 8:06pm
Originally Posted by whelan
Originally Posted by LTI2020
er...dont you think the Police might not be too happy..and sieze your car if it had a flamer kit? or at least give youpoints on your licence for dangerous parts

this thread is from 30th Jun 2005!!

and strange post be it you 2nd.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......... pc
Posted By: Mark Re: Flamer kit? - 12th May 2007 8:09pm
There are direct links from cruisewirral's home page.
For all kinds of different topics smile

So its not always a suspicious search wink
Posted By: placidmaster Re: Flamer kit? - 11th Feb 2008 8:42am
totally illegal and would result in instant seizure from the old bill untill it was removed but what a giggle to anyone doing it, gotta see this, cant wait
Posted By: placidmaster Re: Flamer kit? - 11th Feb 2008 8:43am
Or create your own smoke screen, washer bottle and pump and hose filled with antifreeze,on a switch into el pipeio del zorsto very effective but also very illegal, still.............
Posted By: Mondeo_Scott Re: Flamer kit? - 25th May 2009 10:39pm
i know this thread is old but would this work on a diesel engine ??????
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Flamer kit? - 25th May 2009 11:14pm
oh scott my dear friend, think back to basics bud.

diesel explodeds under compression, where as petrol explodes under the help of a spark plug......

do i need to carry on explaning?
Posted By: Mondeo_Scott Re: Flamer kit? - 25th May 2009 11:48pm
i was thinkin of inducin the fuel not usin diesel fuel its complicated to explain
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Flamer kit? - 25th May 2009 11:55pm
lol bless

just whack a remote ignition flamethrower on the back of your car, could put on the opposite side of your exhaust, and then make it look like you have a twin exhaust, only one is a co2 machine, and the other is a dragon!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral