Forums
Posted By: Steve Smoking Backbox? - 22nd Jun 2006 12:40pm
Hey.. I bought a backbox from someone the other day secondhand and fitted it to my motor yesterday.. after it ws fitted I went for a drive on the motorway to see if there was any difference in the drive..

Only weird thing now is that the car is smoking as if its too hot.. I have checked the temp of the car and its normal on the temp gauge..

I have just had a full oil and filter change done using mobil 1 and still the same smoke..

Do you think that there could have been some shit left in the backbox from the previous car? what I also get is some splatter marks at the back of the car as if there is unburned oil or something :S.

Can I burn the backbox to get rid of any oil that has been left over?
What I mean is if I take the back section off.. pour some petty into it and then set it alight to burn off all the old oil / residue. I used to burn the baffle and the exhaust when I used to race motoX when I was younger.. Wonder if its the same with car stuff?
Posted By: Scooby Re: Smoking Backbox? - 22nd Jun 2006 1:48pm
Just sounds like some old old in the back box mate.

It should burn away over time but the back of the exhaust takes along time before it gets hot as it is furthest away from the engine.

If the smoke isnt too bad i would live with it for a few weeks and see how it is then, you will probably find it will sort itself out.

You didnt spill any oil on the exhaust when doing the oil & Filter change did you ?
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Smoking Backbox? - 22nd Jun 2006 2:10pm
Give your car the number for roy castle fag ends.

LMAO.
Posted By: Steve Re: Smoking Backbox? - 22nd Jun 2006 2:48pm
nope.. the filter and oil change was done after the smoking started..

Yea.. I think its some old oil in the backbox cuz its getting a little better. I am going to burn the crap out of it later today anyway just for the sheer fun of watching something burst into flames smile ..

Its kinda embarrasing pulling up next to a car and there is smoke bellowing out from behind me..

maybe I will start a new craze..

Get your smoker kits here tease
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Smoking Backbox? - 23rd Jun 2006 7:56am
Originally posted by Cali 16v:
Give your car the number for roy castle fag ends.

LMAO.
raftl
© Wirral-Wikiwirral