Forums
Posted By: maverick Power Boost Valve - 13th Nov 2003 12:36am
Anyone know the best place to get Power boost valve fitted. It to a Honda Civic.
Posted By: PAZ Re: Power Boost Valve - 13th Nov 2003 9:30am
Paul i`ve told you try DRP in hoylake, pricy but spot on

VTR/WIRRAL
Posted By: Saint Re: Power Boost Valve - 13th Nov 2003 10:08am
if im right there proper DIY easy fitting m8
Posted By: Scooby Re: Power Boost Valve - 13th Nov 2003 9:53pm
[Linked Image]

HOW DOES THE POWER BOOST VALVE WORK?

The Power Boost Valve is a high performance tuning part which replaces the original equipment valve (fitted to the vehicle).
A range of models are available to suit a wide variety of European cars, which almost certainly includes yours. We are continually developing new designs to expand the number of applications.
We outline the benefits of the Power Boost Valve by drawing a comparison evaluation:
Ref: Original Equipment Fuel Pressure Control Valve
The electric fuel pump supplies fuel at a high pressure to the fuel rail and injectors, which is then regulated by a fuel pressure control valve. Typically, the regulator is not adjustable and is pre-set to a 3 bar maximum pressure. At idle the fuel pressure valve reduces it by 0.5 bar approximately to 2.5 bar. When accelerating quickly from standstill the fuel pressure increases at a proportional rate retaining a lean fuel mixture strength as required by the E.E.C. for new vehicles. However, the resultant effects of the standard valve produce:

lethargic throttle response

occasional drivability problems at slow traffic speeds

intermediate performance 'flat spots' when accelerating

By comparison:
Ref: Power Boost Valve (replacement)
Firstly, this valve has an adjustable fuel pressure, effected by the movement of an adjustment screw on the crown of the unit.
New Power Boost Valves are pre-set with a maximum fuel pressure of 2.5, 3.0 or 3.5 bar, depending on the vehicle in question, and similarly (to the original valve) the fuel pressure is reduced by 0.5 bar approximately at idle. There the similarities end.
On acceleration from standstill the Power Boost Valve fuel pressure will increase at 1.7 times the standard rate. This will produce a healthy, strong fuel mixture strength which will instantly improve the drivability of your vehicle, providing:-

instant throttle response

removal of performance flat spots

faster acceleration

extra engine performance

The regulator enhances engine performance on acceleration by enriching the mixture strength. On constant throttle and cruise conditions the valve returns to a normal regulator function.
The Power Boost Valve is simple to install and in most instances basic fitting instructions are provided. These units are mechanical and are considered maintenance free.
We thank you for your interest in our products and hope that this bulletin provides you with enough information to answer any questions when making a purchase.

COMPETITION USE ENQUIRIES
The same range of regulators will be utilised when used on a competition engine and, for customers using competition fuel lines, a special regulator with a JIC (-6) male fitting has been prepared should one be required. Fuel pressure adjustment can be effected in seconds to reduce delays.

[Linked Image]

Fitting Guide

[Linked Image]

Use this link for Applications and costs

Fuel Parts (Power Boost Valves)
Posted By: PAZ Re: Power Boost Valve - 13th Nov 2003 11:06pm
clever that scooby, well paul get your tools out!!!!!

VTR/WIRRAL
Posted By: Saint Re: Power Boost Valve - 14th Nov 2003 10:04am
anyone got non biased review/comparison? lot of ppl say dont bother on a not very modded car
Posted By: Superdavelotus Re: Power Boost Valve - 18th Nov 2003 10:16am
I don't really know what's a good price on these things but I've just found them to suit your Civic for £98 if that's any good?
Posted By: maverick Re: Power Boost Valve - 19th Nov 2003 10:59pm
I've got the boost valve. i'm just looking for another place to fit it other than DRP. I Don't want to attempt it myself for safey reasons.
Posted By: evo ad Re: Power Boost Valve - 23rd Nov 2003 12:57am
Central auto services on the rossmore estate in ellesmere port have all the equipment there including a fuel pressure tester to set it up with. cheaper and as good(in my opinion)as DRP.

dont know the tel no but its in the yellows
Posted By: maverick Re: Power Boost Valve - 23rd Nov 2003 1:11am
Nice one for that will check them out.
Posted By: Scooby Re: Power Boost Valve - 23rd Nov 2003 3:19am
Could Try These mate laugh laugh laugh

Tyred N Exhausted (Autosafe)
Posted By: maverick Re: Power Boost Valve - 24th Nov 2003 12:31am
So your saying to come down and see you, mate.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Power Boost Valve - 24th Nov 2003 12:39am
if ya gettin it fitted i will hav to get one or i wont be able to keep up with ya! lol laugh
Posted By: maverick Re: Power Boost Valve - 24th Nov 2003 12:44am
mike have you sorted your sound problem out, mate.
Posted By: Scooby Re: Power Boost Valve - 24th Nov 2003 12:47am
Originally posted by maverick:
So your saying to come down and see you, mate.
Yeah, or get me at the meet ????

:go:
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Power Boost Valve - 24th Nov 2003 12:56am
yep i sorted it out yesterday! sounds well better now, thatsstupid sound isnt there an the sound quality is better, i now got neons inside an i got me induction kit! laugh
Posted By: maverick Re: Power Boost Valve - 24th Nov 2003 12:56am
Cheer mate, See you at the meet on tuesday.
Posted By: maverick Re: Power Boost Valve - 24th Nov 2003 12:58am
Nice one Mike, So your car sounds better and should go better to, power boost valve will make abit of a diffence on yours, it will pick up quicker.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Power Boost Valve - 24th Nov 2003 1:00am
oopsy slight spellin mistake there oh well , on my sub is had two feeds goin to it, one from the head unit an one from the 6x9s an ur ment to only hav one feel so i unplugged the feed from the 6x9s an it worked! laugh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Power Boost Valve - 24th Nov 2003 1:01am
how much will one be for mine? im still bit dissapointed with my exhaust, i wanna rage one now !!!!!! does sound bit better with the induction kit tho
Posted By: maverick Re: Power Boost Valve - 24th Nov 2003 1:02am
Spelling, yeah me no good at english, lol.
Posted By: PAZ Re: Power Boost Valve - 24th Nov 2003 1:16am
Hi mike lookin at rage exhausts?

Try Scooby, he`ll sort you out.

Why not have a look?

Rage Exhausts

VTR/WIRRAL
Posted By: exploding_penguin Re: Power Boost Valve - 24th Nov 2003 10:40am
do those prices include fitting?????? if how much for fittin????

exploding_penguin
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Power Boost Valve - 24th Nov 2003 10:52pm
yea i wanna rage exhaust now lol, ive only jus fitted me peco an am very dissapointed lol the rage ones sound much betta, i dunno which one to go for tho, can anyone help????
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Power Boost Valve - 24th Nov 2003 10:53pm
are u thinkin of gettin a age too sean?? laugh
Posted By: Saint Re: Power Boost Valve - 25th Nov 2003 11:00am
my mates 1.0 106 phase 1 has this fitted...

[Linked Image]

and sounds stupidly loud but not raspy!! pisses all over my custom twin exit by powerflow!
Posted By: exploding_penguin Re: Power Boost Valve - 25th Nov 2003 2:44pm
yea mike i want either the 5" round tip or the 4" twin round slash cut tips. nice!!!i will ave to here ur exaust now that ur induction kit is on!!!
Posted By: Scooby Re: Power Boost Valve - 25th Nov 2003 4:02pm
Originally posted by exploding_penguin:
do those prices include fitting?????? if how much for fittin????

exploding_penguin
Prices do not include fitting, i have to asses each fitting job on its own metit therefore i would need to get your car on the ramps at work mate to price up the fitting charge, also brackets n clamps are required...
Posted By: Scooby Re: Power Boost Valve - 25th Nov 2003 4:05pm
Originally posted by Saint:
my mates 1.0 106 phase 1 has this fitted...

[Linked Image]

and sounds stupidly loud but not raspy!! pisses all over my custom twin exit by powerflow!
This one costs £169 just for the tail pipe/box, fitting is not included in this price. Contact Scooby or Tyred N Exhausted (Auto-Safe)

Hope this helps or visit CW shop for more Rage exhaust options Cruise Wirral Shop
Posted By: maverick Re: Power Boost Valve - 28th Nov 2003 1:16am
Cheers scooby for have a go at fitting my power boost valve, the supplier is sending me the new part over the weekend.
Posted By: Scooby Re: Power Boost Valve - 28th Nov 2003 12:59pm
Lets hope its the right one this time eh....
Posted By: exploding_penguin Re: Power Boost Valve - 28th Nov 2003 4:43pm
wot was missin paul????
Posted By: Saint Re: Power Boost Valve - 3rd Dec 2003 1:13pm
anyone think i shoudl get a FSE boost valve? i got forced induction kit so lot of air comin in think the extra fuel would really make a difference on a saxo?
Posted By: exploding_penguin Re: Power Boost Valve - 3rd Dec 2003 1:47pm
is the FSE just a brand or does it do somethin diffrent????
Posted By: Scooby Re: Power Boost Valve - 4th Dec 2003 11:48pm
Originally posted by Saint:
anyone think i shoudl get a FSE boost valve? i got forced induction kit so lot of air comin in think the extra fuel would really make a difference on a saxo?
Yeah, Fitted mavericks today and he say's it makes a big differance, allot more responsive....
Just be sure to get the right on though...
Posted By: maverick Re: Power Boost Valve - 6th Dec 2003 2:30am
The power boost valve does make a difference but i need to tune it abit to get the best out of it.
Posted By: maverick Re: Power Boost Valve - 9th Dec 2003 11:53pm
Thanks to Scooby the Power boost valve does make a big difference, more so when you tune it. Quick and easy to do, 1 spanner and a screw driver and takes just 5 min amost to get more out of your car.
Posted By: Scooby Re: Power Boost Valve - 10th Dec 2003 12:26am
I will post the pics of the power valve fitting once i have uploaded them....
Posted By: maverick Re: Power Boost Valve - 6th Apr 2004 10:26pm
This is just to come back to everyone about Power boost valves.. I have had a guage fitted directly to the valve. This has help me set it up to the best possible.. The valve now more fuel pressure when in idol, this then allows fuel pressure to be added when you put your foot on the gas..This final gives more reponse and pickup 1st, 2nd and 3rd gears...
Posted By: Scooby Re: Power Boost Valve - 7th Apr 2004 12:59am
Would you consider it being a worthwhile mod for performance ????
Posted By: maverick Re: Power Boost Valve - 8th Apr 2004 12:19am
When set up right, I would consider it worth having. Not an expensive mod to have..
© Wirral-Wikiwirral