Forums
Posted By: Sanchez fly wheel - 23rd Sep 2005 11:15am
Just reading this topic on scoob s new car and adam pop s a question about the fly wheel gettin balanced and lightened, but j, you say you need the engine to be done aswell, explane your self my friend, as i andy the great am confused once again, thanks, or any one tell me.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: fly wheel - 23rd Sep 2005 11:26am
I've never heard of getting your engine lightened and balanced so its condused me a bit too confused

From what im told, its good to get your fly wheel lightenend and balance because it makes your car rev faster, but you lose a bit of torque but not lots?
Posted By: Dazza Re: fly wheel - 23rd Sep 2005 12:17pm
If you L+B your flywheel it will spool up quicker, and give you high revs on the downside to that you loose bottomend torque

To L+B your engine all components such as crank are done with similar effects, bare in mind it is the crank that makes torque so you will suffer a loss

When manufacters make engines they make them 'economical' and 'user friendly' so when your do mods to gain power/responce you sacrifice something in return
Posted By: StuyMac Re: fly wheel - 23rd Sep 2005 1:00pm
To L+B the flywheel, you dont need the whole engine doing at the same time to see a benifit.

Its a bit like fitting a back box, you see a slight improvment, but do the whole exhaust and you get more benifit smile

Ive had clutch kits with a flywheel, and the cover is balanced on the flywheel and marked so you can fit in the right position on the car. You will get benifits from just this, but not as much as if you do the whole engine.

To do the whole engine, you give the engineers, the flywheel, clutch cover, crank and front pulley smile
Posted By: Scooby Re: fly wheel - 23rd Sep 2005 8:28pm
Cheers Stu, saves me a job explaining..... doh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: fly wheel - 29th Sep 2005 8:28am
Forgot about this topic! eek

So basically i can get the flywheel done without having to get the whole engine done then cool

Originally posted by StuyMac:
To L+B the flywheel, you dont need the whole engine doing at the same time to see a benifit.
Can you reccomend anywere at all?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral