Forums
Posted By: TOMM13 Move over bugatti veyron... - 29th Aug 2006 9:02pm
here is the new worlds fastest car!
[Linked Image]
According to LeftLaneNews, the 1005hp Barabus TKR is now the world’s fastest car — rocketing from 0-60 in just 1.67-seconds with a top speed of 270mph.

Power comes from a 6.0 liter V8 twin-turbocharged with dual intercoolers. The car has a full carbon fibre body and chassis. Further details remain sparse, but the automaker says it will sell the car for £360,000, which should translate to around $500,000

I WANT I WANT !!!!
Posted By: jonny vectra sri Re: Move over bugatti veyron... - 29th Aug 2006 9:06pm
that is one nice FAST car! and alot cheaper than the veyron at under half the price! still i wont be buying one: until i win the lotto laugh
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Move over bugatti veyron... - 29th Aug 2006 11:37pm
If its anything like the KKonniggssegigggg thingy, and built by a small company my guess is that it will be off the road broken, more than it will be on the road.

At least the Bugatti is built by a large company which has invested a lot of money in to the development of the car.

You gotta stay in it to win it... wink

Looks very sexual tho yes
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Move over bugatti veyron... - 29th Aug 2006 11:53pm
was in the daily star the other week, still nice even if it is at the side of the m56 due to overheating raftl
Posted By: DavidB Re: Move over bugatti veyron... - 30th Aug 2006 1:18am
Looks really dull as well.
Posted By: Mark Re: Move over bugatti veyron... - 31st Aug 2006 11:54am
Would like to see Top Gear Get a Hold of it. smile
Posted By: Victoria Re: Move over bugatti veyron... - 1st Sep 2006 2:09am
[Linked Image]

thumbsdown
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Move over bugatti veyron... - 1st Sep 2006 3:39am
Think ill stick to me Veryon haha!

As Jezza himself said, its not just a car built for speed, its built for driving as well.

I guarantee there will be lots of cars which come along that are faster then the Veyron, but I doubt they will actually be as good a drive as the Veyron as they will be aimed solely at speed.

Also, the Veyron could in theory surpass 270mph, the reason it has never been allowed to go past 253mph is due to the fact that this would put so much pressure on the tyres, it would not be considered safe to do so - something which big companies like Volkswagon have to seriously consider. Dont forget it took 5 years to develop road legal tyres that could handle the pressure placed upon them by the Veyron.

As for the claim of 0-60 in 1.67 seconds ..... yeah, I will only believe that when I see it. Again, this would be extremely dangerous due to the pressures and stress placed on the human body at this acceleration.

I will wait to see Jezza get his hand on this before I believe any of thier claims...

Here is what I found on Wikipedia regarding this car:

Many car enthusiasts are skeptical about these figures because theoretical tyre grip that would be required to accelerate a vehicle that quickly can only be provided by a slick tire designed especially for racing, and slick tires are not road legal.
smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral