Forums
Posted By: lazy_ben can PCD's be chaged to a different size? - 8th Oct 2005 10:58am
Before anyone tells me to look at the alloys fitment page, i know what size i need.

Im looking at a set of wheels that are the Correct offset, size and width. The only problem is the PCD is 4-100 instead of 4-108.

Is it possible to change this?
Posted By: Scooby Re: can PCD's be chaged to a different size? - 8th Oct 2005 11:05am
No Matey, you would have to re-drill the holes in the wheels or use an adaptor plate but both are very expensive smack
Posted By: lazy_ben Re: can PCD's be chaged to a different size? - 8th Oct 2005 12:05pm
I thought they could be machined to a different size, or is that something else im thinking of?
Posted By: evo ad Re: can PCD's be chaged to a different size? - 8th Oct 2005 1:58pm
Senars on Cleveland Street used to do them but i'm not sure how much it'll cost but it won't be cheap!
Posted By: scoop Re: can PCD's be chaged to a different size? - 8th Oct 2005 2:39pm
It would be cheaper just to by the wheels again in the correct fitment
Posted By: Scooby Re: can PCD's be chaged to a different size? - 8th Oct 2005 3:47pm
You could use these but costs are approx £200 for the set smack

[Linked Image]

E-Bay Link..........
Posted By: scoop Re: can PCD's be chaged to a different size? - 8th Oct 2005 4:08pm
Also check the thickness of them *******s. Youd have to get a higher offset wheel to correct that difference in width,epsecially on a KA. Speaking of converters,hows the tranny goin?
Posted By: Scooby Re: can PCD's be chaged to a different size? - 8th Oct 2005 4:19pm
Mind reqader, i have just e-mailed the bloke and enquired about them to get 18"'s on it maybe ??
Posted By: Anonymous Re: can PCD's be chaged to a different size? - 8th Oct 2005 4:47pm
I've never heard of it being done before Ben, you got your eyes on some wheels have you? smile
Posted By: lazy_ben Re: can PCD's be chaged to a different size? - 8th Oct 2005 4:59pm
Originally posted by scoop2004:
It would be cheaper just to by the wheels again in the correct fitment
Well done brain surgeon! doh

They don't make them in ford fitment anymore, thats why i asked.
Theyre mainly used on german cars such as VW's. Due to lack of demand, they ceased production of the ford fitment alloys and theyre as rare as rocking horse poo now.

Nice one Jay, will have a gander at those hub converters.
Here's a site that can do this for you for a lot less (I think) www.trackstore.co.uk

Here's the direct page for the conversion spacers
http://www.trackstore.co.uk/shop%20frame.html
If you can't find anything there then let me know.
Posted By: DavidB Re: can PCD's be chaged to a different size? - 8th Oct 2005 10:37pm
What car are they off?
Posted By: lazy_ben Re: can PCD's be chaged to a different size? - 9th Oct 2005 11:07am
Originally posted by StationMiek:
What car are they off?
Theyre VW fitment. Theyre the right offset, width, size and they come with the right tyres, but its the PCD thats wrong.

I'll steer clear of those hub converters. They'll space the wheels out way too far. Cheers anyway Dave. happy
Posted By: DavidB Re: can PCD's be chaged to a different size? - 17th Oct 2005 8:06pm
I think I saw them on here, I'm not sure, but you can buy nuts that are 'wobbly' - meaning, you have the thread, a flexible part, and then the head, the thread 'bends' and goes into the hole and you can tighten them up safely. Works for large or smaller PCD's.
I'm pretty sure I didn't dream it...
Posted By: Dazza Re: can PCD's be chaged to a different size? - 17th Oct 2005 8:08pm
You didnt dream it they do exist, try Motorworld for them.

I wouldnt touch them with a bargepole, I know what they are and I am not convinced they are 100% safe
Posted By: Anonymous Re: can PCD's be chaged to a different size? - 17th Oct 2005 8:14pm
Originally posted by Dazza:
I wouldnt touch them with a bargepole, I know what they are and I am not convinced they are 100% safe
Same here, something as important as a wheel nut being described as "wobbly" doesnt fill me with much confidence :rolleyes:
Posted By: Scooby Re: can PCD's be chaged to a different size? - 17th Oct 2005 11:36pm
They are only designed to alter the PCD by approx 2mm.

Not a safe option though smack
Posted By: Rennie Re: can PCD's be chaged to a different size? - 18th Oct 2005 5:12pm
rondal turbo wheels??? if theytheres a lad with a set in bolton that are ford fitment but 1 wheel is buggered
Posted By: lazy_ben Re: can PCD's be chaged to a different size? - 18th Oct 2005 5:43pm
Originally posted by Rennie:
rondal turbo wheels??? if theytheres a lad with a set in bolton that are ford fitment but 1 wheel is buggered
thems the ones! Im gonna add you to my msn
Posted By: golfvr Re: can PCD's be chaged to a different size? - 3rd Nov 2005 3:20pm
how much are the vw fitment ones
Posted By: lazy_ben Re: can PCD's be chaged to a different size? - 3rd Nov 2005 5:45pm
think they went for about 450, not too sure
© Wirral-Wikiwirral