Forums
Posted By: scoop Stainless or not? Whats the difference - 7th Oct 2005 8:09pm
Im looking for my exhaust for the 1.8 now (it needs it before its fitted as the current one is mangled from the bumper to halfway up the mid

Wondering wether to spend 230 quid on a steel piper system or 300 on the same but stainless.

1.Whats the difference power wise
2.Whats the diff sound wise
3.Whats the diff life wise
4.Would peco be cheaper

I think i remember reading that non-stainless ones give a better noise (more deep burble less rasp)

If i got normal steel i'd rust-proof it to try and help it last
Posted By: Scooby Re: Stainless or not? Whats the difference - 7th Oct 2005 8:28pm
1.Whats the difference power wise None
2.Whats the diff sound wise None
3.Whats the diff life wise Mild steel 2-3 Years - Stainless lifetime
4.Would peco be cheaper Probably similar

Why not check out Peco On-line think

Peco\'s Website.........
Posted By: grizz Re: Stainless or not? Whats the difference - 7th Oct 2005 8:29pm
cybox will do a s/steel one for £260 ....
Posted By: Scooby Re: Stainless or not? Whats the difference - 7th Oct 2005 8:39pm
smack smack smack

Obviously, Cybox will custom make to your own specification, Forgot that one.... Oops....
Posted By: scoop Re: Stainless or not? Whats the difference - 7th Oct 2005 10:56pm
Mild steel really lasts for sch little time???? Stock systems are mild steel and they dont rust through until several years into the cars life.The system on my 1.6 is brand new mild steel as it had rusted through and thats on a 9 year old car.This system ideally should be all about performance,so ideally i wanna go with a brand who develop the system (ie peco) not custom. Altho cyboxs price is very good. May get the piper stainless system with ashley manifold and stainless e-cat (may have to be handbuilt as i cant find it listed)

As for the peco website i couldnt find any SYSTEMS,only backboxes. Think ill get an XR3 system if its different to the 115ps model as im fitting the XR3 spec MAF,TB and XR3 kent cams
Posted By: Mark Re: Stainless or not? Whats the difference - 8th Oct 2005 12:10am
Speak to Martin at Cybox (AKA Sprayforce).

Click Me

Stainless is his middle name happy
Posted By: DavidB Re: Stainless or not? Whats the difference - 8th Oct 2005 10:40pm
Stainless steel is higher grade steel, and more expensive and difficult to weld.
You can galvanize mild steel so it'll last longer.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral