Forums
Posted By: _Ste_ Electronic supercharger??? - 8th Feb 2006 9:26pm
Hi, has anybody had any kind of experience with these off ebay....?
Item number: 8036647497 99 quid and...
Item number: 8036239229 400 quid
Do these really work?
Posted By: Dazza Re: Electronic supercharger??? - 8th Feb 2006 9:46pm
DO NOT BUY
Its merely a fan and NOT a Supercharger.

Superchargers are belt driven, that is an eBay scam like the resisters
Posted By: scoop Re: Electronic supercharger??? - 8th Feb 2006 9:51pm
Personally,i wouldnt. There is something similar to those called the E-ram,mate of mine had it on his GTO non turbo,he said it did give a gain,but im not so convinced on em.they are a fan,they call themselves a compressor but i highly doubt they actually compress the air.for less than 50 quid it'd be worth a pop,but not for a tonne,a viper would force the air in harder
Posted By: Dazza Re: Electronic supercharger??? - 8th Feb 2006 9:59pm
I wouldnt spend anything on them tbh - They are simply a fan, you can buy PC cooling fans for about a fiver and they do the same thing.
As for a gain I doubt that too, because your 'blocked' the air flow with the fan - even if it does swirl the air, the vortex will be lost by the time it enters the inlet so its pointless.
Posted By: evo ad Re: Electronic supercharger??? - 8th Feb 2006 10:14pm
I wouldn't buy one personally and for the price of them I wouldn't even be prepared to take a gamble!
Posted By: DavidB Re: Electronic supercharger??? - 9th Feb 2006 6:47pm
The engine sucks air. The air pressure pulled in by the engine would actually increase the speed the fan was spinning at. The amount of air pressure produced by one of these little fans would make absolutely no difference at all.
It's like partially obstructing your filter in bits of sellotape and putting one of those child's windmills on the top.

Resistor is a single variable resistor that is spliced into a wire on the Air Flow Meter. I'm pretty sure resistors reduce the current and the ECU registers changes in voltage from the AFM, or the other way round.

Anyone seen the 'vortex' which sits in the exhaust output pipe and does exactly the opposite to the 'electronic supercharger'. It spins round as gas goes past it. And the fuel magnetiser, all rubbish.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Electronic supercharger??? - 10th Feb 2006 3:23am
Thanks for your help ppl, i`l steer clear and just keep looking for a sprintex supercharger.
Ste
Posted By: turbo_stu Re: Electronic supercharger??? - 10th Feb 2006 8:18pm
yeah, seen these too, seems like another scam, sprintex supercharger sounds more like it, their pretty rare-ish you best bet is probabily off ebay, seen a few go on there all around the 400 quid mark
© Wirral-Wikiwirral