Forums
Posted By: hales85 Focus RS engine into a Fiesta Mk6? - 27th Aug 2005 9:37pm
iv got a mk6 fiesta and am tryin to find out about gettin a the focus rs engine transplanted into it, was wonderin if anyone would have any ideas on cost ect for me thanks
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Focus RS engine into a Fiesta Mk6? - 27th Aug 2005 11:59pm
yer, here s one, save up a million pound then try and find one, then considder putting it in, to be honest pal your after a ghost ship on a foggy day with no sea map s or even a boat, or no arms or legs to swim, try another project.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Focus RS engine into a Fiesta Mk6? - 28th Aug 2005 12:01am
in other words, rockin horse poo.
Posted By: scoop Re: Focus RS engine into a Fiesta Mk6? - 28th Aug 2005 10:49am
I dont think u stand a chance of findin a Foci RS engine mate,and even if you do get one,the conversion would be uber expensive!
Posted By: hales85 Re: Focus RS engine into a Fiesta Mk6? - 29th Aug 2005 1:03am
i think it is possible as have read on varies links thats it can be done or has bin it is from a forum is well dated (2003)see:
http://www.fiestaturbo.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=88196&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=35
it says 7k but is up in edinbough and as i said old so was curies as to a realistic price now.
would be greatful for any help
thanks
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Focus RS engine into a Fiesta Mk6? - 29th Aug 2005 1:31am
ask them then, do you have 5k knockin round
Posted By: scoop Re: Focus RS engine into a Fiesta Mk6? - 29th Aug 2005 11:27am
Its been done! The guy did have pics and vids up on that link u gave but they are no longer working (the site obviously doesnt re-host 4 U like CW)

No matter what it costs dont be put off by where it is. Your willin to spend 5k+ on the job but ur put off by a 250 mile journey and a 30 pound train fare home?????? And your gettin the best workmanship ever if you go to pumaspeed (the top ford tuners ive heard of)

Thing is, your gonna need huge brakes front and rear,pretty much all the chassis will need seem-welding or the chassis may buckle in the middle as it flexes under acceleration.And the engine bay needs doin too.I doubt this will be included in the price but they will recommend it as the next job.when u plannin to do it?
Posted By: Dazza Re: Focus RS engine into a Fiesta Mk6? - 29th Aug 2005 3:18pm
Hayles85 - Bout time you posted something up!
(This is emmas bf btw)

Your looking at mega money to stick this in like I told ya - you need a front end of a focus RS and considering they dont make em anymore and limited, there expensive. Iv been trying to get hold of some bits and the guys i know wants £200 just for the rear beam!

If i think on ill do some digging around but if your after peformance then your best off buying a performance car to start off with mate, remember the golden rule: 'Theres no replacement for displacement' in lame terms bigger is usually better
Posted By: hales85 Re: Focus RS engine into a Fiesta Mk6? - 29th Aug 2005 3:25pm
tar daz and scoop daz wot do you mean ill need the front end
Posted By: Dazza Re: Focus RS engine into a Fiesta Mk6? - 29th Aug 2005 3:38pm
Engine, gearbox, wiringloom, ECU, driveshafts, struts etc Basicly a full frontend of a Focus RS. You may find u can get away with certain parts but BARE minimum would be engine, box and loom.

Mega expensive and to many its just a dream.
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Focus RS engine into a Fiesta Mk6? - 29th Aug 2005 6:16pm
i'd go for a focus st170 engine
Posted By: Matty GTI Re: Focus RS engine into a Fiesta Mk6? - 30th Aug 2005 2:48am
its far too ambitious, if u still want 2 keep ur fiesta 4 looks, but u want better performance go 4 the fiesta st happy
Posted By: DavidB Re: Focus RS engine into a Fiesta Mk6? - 30th Aug 2005 8:14pm
Sounds possible from the above, but also sounds ****ing expensive, when there's nowt wrong with the RS Turbo engines.
Posted By: scoop Re: Focus RS engine into a Fiesta Mk6? - 30th Aug 2005 9:40pm
Miek raises the best point.

Conclusion is-it is possible.....but only do it if you have money to burn

Id recommend gettin an RST 1.6 and fully workin that, for 3k you cud have it in and modified to 240BHP+ with the brakes and suspension worked as well for that money.
Posted By: hales85 Re: Focus RS engine into a Fiesta Mk6? - 31st Aug 2005 1:50am
yes i see your points as the price on th forum i put the link now seems unrealistic as puma build have said it would be the better part of 14 k now to doso am lookin into other possibilities in terms of the engine any more ideas
Posted By: Dazza Re: Focus RS engine into a Fiesta Mk6? - 31st Aug 2005 1:54am
Anything will go in just depends on the amount of cash you have - do you really want a 13year old RST engine in a new fiesta?

Ideally go for a duratec, somethin like a 1.6 will be easier and cheaper. Focus RS engine is a dream, same as ST170 engine.

If you are insistant you want mega bhp then you should have opted for a ST150, cos unfortunetly you wont see decent bhp gains with little engines.

Save ya money and invest in some Nitrous Oxide, you can remove it once the car is no more and add it to your next one
Posted By: scoop Re: Focus RS engine into a Fiesta Mk6? - 31st Aug 2005 4:45am
Theres another good point, you have just shelled out for a brand new car and your gonna swap out the 4 grand engine (thats about how much you paid for the engine alone) for a really old cheap one
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Focus RS engine into a Fiesta Mk6? - 31st Aug 2005 8:01am
Sell your car and get a faster one, job done cool
Posted By: lazy_ben Re: Focus RS engine into a Fiesta Mk6? - 19th Sep 2005 9:23pm
Here you go fellas. Its been done, and its for sale.

E-Bay Link
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Focus RS engine into a Fiesta Mk6? - 20th Sep 2005 8:34am
Advice originally from adam

sell up and get a Honda Prelude for around 2.2i VTI VTEC for £2.5k

0-60 of low 6's and a much better car than a fiesta, for fiesta money and will be worth not much less than what you bought it for in a few years time.
Posted By: Go Go Gadget Re: Focus RS engine into a Fiesta Mk6? - 20th Sep 2005 9:03am
save up and buy a actual focus rs

simple
Posted By: Dazza Re: Focus RS engine into a Fiesta Mk6? - 23rd Sep 2005 1:32pm
I know a guy selling an RS engines complete with EVERY part needed to fit it into a Mk6 like tanks rads coolers mounts looms clocks ecu shafts etc.....300bhp for £6.5K

Then you need someone to fit it all, and map it so expect another few grand!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral