Forums
Posted By: scoop Cams?? - 26th Dec 2005 6:56pm
Looking into cam changes and a lot of people opt for the 130 spec cams to put in the 1.8. This is a 130BHP 1.8 in the XR3 so theyre more aggro than the 115BHP 1.8 zetec in my new engine.

Then i thought. What do poeople with XR3s do to go faster.

Heres what they do,they get the kent FZ1802K cam kit which "apparently" gives 14 BHP more for the XR3. Thats 144BHP!! So if i put them on my 115BHP engine (same as the XR3 engine apart from less aggro cams,smaller throttle body,smaller MAF) i will see a huge gain(as long as i get a bigger MAF and TB)

Wow!!!

Theyre are a fair few cams listed for the 115 engine including a race cam "the FZ2004" which gives power between 4000 and a "crank melting" 8000RPM

Id love those cams.Altho the 130 spec upgrade on the 1.8 115 is "very satisfying and noticable"
Posted By: Scooby Re: Cams?? - 26th Dec 2005 9:57pm
Some good thinking there Scoop.....

Dont go too agressive with the cams mate, Race/Rally cams do produce more BHP higher up the revv range but very low torque low down the revs, this makes round town driving a nightmare as you have no power at all until you rev above 4,000 rpm to get your power flowing....

Opt for Mild/Fast road cams which will give you some more power but will also maintain everyday driveability.
Posted By: scoop Re: Cams?? - 28th Dec 2005 9:29pm
think i want really good ones,i dont mind havin power like a 1.1 at low revs,itll never see below 3000RPM in the country roads and im never off them
© Wirral-Wikiwirral