Forums
Posted By: Matty GTI piper cross ecotec valve - 1st Oct 2006 8:34pm
was given a brand new one of these but dont no what its features are or where it goes on my corsa?

help anyone
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: piper cross ecotec valve - 1st Oct 2006 9:04pm
more info can be found here

fitting insuructions can be found here
Posted By: Dazza Re: piper cross ecotec valve - 2nd Oct 2006 12:20am
I would not recomend one at all, worth a try since you were given it but I would never pay for one again.

Its a sound theory but nothing more, if they were so great then manufactorers would all fit them since they spend MILLIONS on ways to make a car more economical.

As Beemerracer says, check the links and give it a try, most of its advantages will be minimal or minute to the extent you think something has gotten better.
Posted By: scoop Re: piper cross ecotec valve - 2nd Oct 2006 12:52pm
I fitted one,and if u drive sensibly it helps,if u boot it u still get the same amount of miles per tank

(the website claim that manufacturers are developing the same system in their new engines,obviously it'll take longer as ford wont use cheap plastic and nylon noisy things
Posted By: turbo_stu Re: piper cross ecotec valve - 5th Oct 2006 4:47pm
thats not true all i see all day under the bonnets of focus, mondeos, fusions, fiestas is plastic shite! don't think ford are really using a dobery similar to the ecotek but they certianly are trying new things
Posted By: scoop Re: piper cross ecotec valve - 5th Oct 2006 4:58pm
yeah,that pipework, if ford did develop a vortex air turbulance intorucing thing they would probably make it out of metal,the same sort of metal the MAFS and such are made of,ecoteks are too high maintenance to be on every car made these days,so ford will want to make a self adjusting type,or a type that never needs tuning. The one on my car needs adjusting now and again as it gives the noise at idle some times
Posted By: turbo_stu Re: piper cross ecotec valve - 6th Oct 2006 6:30pm
to be honest i don't think that ford are going that way with their engines, they are going for tighter tollerances, take for example the st focus, it has (i think) 4 camshaft sensors and 2 crank sensors. this is all because of this variable valve timing malarky. then to get this power through to the road they use esp, which is great for keeping traction going round a corner, but sometimes you can go faster with it off (think of it as more of a saftey measure). god i could talk about work all day!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral