Forums
Posted By: mp3_85 turbocharger - 8th Nov 2005 5:21pm
can a tubo be added to a non turbo (by standard) car, you all know my car the galant, i need some extra power but cant stretch to NOS at the moment, any one hvae a clue? iv surfed the net to no avail so far...
Posted By: scoop Re: turbocharger - 8th Nov 2005 5:32pm
Yes it can be done,however,unless a turbo'd version are your engine is already made then its gonna set u back a coupla grand to have a small turbo put on.

If they make a turbo'd version of ur size engine then-theoretically u cud rebuild ur engine with the turbo parts (pistons rods,manifold,turbo etc) but again.It costs. Nitrous is a cheap option. Best thing to do is get urself a ram air filter,full exhaust inc de-cat and manifold.Then get a chip.All depends what they make tho and how good the origional kit is
Posted By: Scooby Re: turbocharger - 8th Nov 2005 5:54pm
Turbo £3500 (Approx) happy

Sprayforce are agents for Wizards of NOS and they supply & Fit these systems.

Give them a call or pop in, you can find there details Here (Sprayforce is the same garage as Peninsular 4x4)
Posted By: Dazza Re: turbocharger - 8th Nov 2005 8:32pm
Thats not strictly true Scoop, you do have the jisp of it with IF they make a turbo'd version - If they do Id swap the entire engine because almost everything would need to be swapped, other things you wouldnt think of for example the cams - Turbo'd cams are made with the turbo in mind so the cams themselves compliment the boost, for instance they are retarded to prevent pistonslap when it comes on boost

NOS is the best for minimal money but does run out
Posted By: scoop Re: turbocharger - 8th Nov 2005 8:57pm
May aswell drop an Evo lump in then lol
Posted By: Dazza Re: turbocharger - 8th Nov 2005 10:12pm
I heard that the older shape Mitsi protons were ideal for 'dropping' an Evo engine in as they shared alot of components, How true this is i wouldnt know but if Marty needs any help try contacing Vixen off this site - Shes into her Mitsi's smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral