Forums
Posted By: Wheels Nos Vs remapped ECU - 31st May 2005 4:22pm
I need a little help deciding what to do.

My car goes in for its first ever service soon when it hits 10,000miles (963miles away) and after its service i want to start upping the power. now im stuck between the two options that I have at the moment:

option 1: 50shot of NOS
option 2: Remapped ECU

both are going to cost about the same to do and both will give me an extra 50bhp, I dont want to go higher than that with the NOS cos i dont want to burn out my clutch.

my car stock is 131.7bhp @the wheels
with ECU it would be: 181.7bhp
and with NOS its : 231.7bhp
and maybe more with the Green cotton filter thats been ordered. the car is now 6months old and i hope would take the extra power.

either way both NOS and ECU will be done after time but i need advice on what one to do first, if anyone has had there car remapped please let me know how much diffrence it made and the same for the NOS.

thanks. thumbsup
Posted By: Go Go Gadget Re: Nos Vs remapped ECU - 31st May 2005 4:26pm
get the ECU done first mate defo, the car will be running sweet then you can add the extra power with the nos after.

im getting mine remapped so i can increase my boost
Posted By: scoop Re: Nos Vs remapped ECU - 31st May 2005 4:42pm
Yeah-remap first and be sure to tell them ur NOSin it so they can richen it a little. This helps with the NOS and negates the need for a second remap once the nos is fitted. Runnin rich wont cause any problems i think
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Nos Vs remapped ECU - 31st May 2005 4:58pm
ECU mate smile

that way you have power every single time you put your foot down rather than every now and then when you push a button, and you dont have to re-fil your ECU either smile
Posted By: Wheels Re: Nos Vs remapped ECU - 31st May 2005 5:49pm
OK so I will get the remap first, the reason why i asked this question is i thought it would of been better to get the NOS first so when the ECU guy is workin his magic he can configure it to work better with the nitrous. And im going for a remapp rather than superchip so there is no visible diffrence for the skoda service people to notice and stop my warranty, but the NOS is a bit harder to hide thumbsdown I have been in contact with loads of tuning peeps and they say the best cars to chip are Turbo's and diesels ! wehey! mines both so im lookin for some good BHP.

Anyway its a few weeks off now but its all in the pipeline!.
Posted By: Scooby Re: Nos Vs remapped ECU - 31st May 2005 6:10pm
I would say to go for the ECU up-grade matey, Nitrous is great and especially on Diesels but it runs out and as Adam said you dont have to re-fill your ECU smack

Once that is done then you could always add a little shot of Nitrous (25bhp). Fuelling shouldnt be a problem with a small shot of nitrous as diesels run on a Dry Nitrous set-up.
Posted By: dikky5 Re: Nos Vs remapped ECU - 31st May 2005 6:13pm
ecu remap as they drive tottaly differnt all the time and aint gonna affect ur reliability 2 much. then possibly consider nos
Posted By: grizz Re: Nos Vs remapped ECU - 2nd Jun 2005 8:03pm
Get the remap done first , but make sure you tell them you are thnking if adding nos as they can get it 2 over fuel . Remamber thet your remap will give you 50bhp exra , but nos will not give you 50bhp @your max power !! you will use it lower in the rev range when your engine is only making 50 -90 bhp . grizz
Posted By: Wheels Re: Nos Vs remapped ECU - 3rd Jun 2005 7:56am
Thanks for the info grizz! i got £800 in the bank woohoo! just waitin for the service now!
unless THIS gets in the way! dam ebay makin me buy stuff! smack
Posted By: DavidB Re: Nos Vs remapped ECU - 7th Jun 2005 4:47pm
50 bhp from an ECU remap?!? That's a bit optimistic.
Stick to NO2.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Nos Vs remapped ECU - 7th Jun 2005 4:58pm
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by whelan:
<strong> unless THIS gets in the way! dam ebay makin me buy stuff! raftl
Posted By: grizz Re: Nos Vs remapped ECU - 8th Jun 2005 7:17pm
if you want a nos kit give me a ring , will do a good deal on fitting & refills . grizz
ps do you want a real sports bike !!! i've got 1 , 4 sale
© Wirral-Wikiwirral