Forums
Posted By: Cali_16v De-cat - 28th Jan 2005 9:53am
Im hoping to de-cat my car soon and was wondering what bhp gain i should realisticly be look at getting. also who can a get a de-cat from, need it cheap as chips so the missus has got tight hold of the purse strings.

Cheers guys
Posted By: Basskiddanny Re: De-cat - 28th Jan 2005 10:03am
try cybox up near liverpool.

Pete there did my cat back system, he will probably do you one

I want a de-cat but i want somewhere that does a free swap when it comes to the MOT time, you would have to check if he can offer this though if you want it. Hope that helps mate.

Lookin at a few bhp....maybe 4? Some people say it adds 10% but im skeptical about most things like this and how much power they add.
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: De-cat - 28th Jan 2005 10:19am
Oh yer, car is 1992 on k so might not need swapping. also has flange at each end so wont need welding
Posted By: Basskiddanny Re: De-cat - 28th Jan 2005 10:24am
Give pete a call now and see what he says, he isn't a believer of de-cat but he can do it if you want and will go the extra mile, such as stayin open till 9pm when my mate got pulled by the police on the way up there which delayed us greatly, he still stayed and worked on the car till about 10, which is when it was finished.

Also my exhaust was knocking a little and he opened on saturday morning which he doesn't do often and re-did the entire thing.

1992 doesn't need to have a cat as far as i know.

Does a de-cat give the car more of a raspy sound rather than a bassy tone? or does it just amplify the sound it makes now?
Posted By: Tony MK2 Re: De-cat - 28th Jan 2005 10:26am
Originally posted by Basskiddanny:
try cybox up near liverpool
cybox is actually is by the 4 bridges matey happy
Posted By: Basskiddanny Re: De-cat - 28th Jan 2005 10:27am
lol, been there loads of time and dont really know where it is, just how to get there....yes i am a strange one!

I recommend them happy
Posted By: StuyMac Re: De-cat - 28th Jan 2005 10:52am
The Decat should free up a few gee gees for ya matey, the STD CATS are very resrictive frown

Best keep the original though "K" was the change over year , so if anywhere get funny at MOT time, is easy to swap smile
Posted By: Basskiddanny Re: De-cat - 28th Jan 2005 10:55am
let us know how you get on
Posted By: scoop Re: De-cat - 28th Jan 2005 1:03pm
Basically daz, u can expect a handful of horses. Depending on the rest of the exhaust the noise will be deeper,louder and a rasp will come at mid-high revs. My zorts with cat is bassy loud, and pophappy. Without cat its grumbly 10x louder and a bit bassier but u cant hear the bass over the rasp,oh and it pops and spits like a mofo. Cant ignite tho cos ther is no heat. U cud put ur lips round my pipes and u wud be fine.No place will do free re-fitemnt if ur only gettin that done matey. Give them 600 notes for a full full system inc decat and then they will sort u out.i paid 60 quid ontop of the 400 for my system to get mine de-catted
Posted By: Anonymous Re: De-cat - 28th Jan 2005 1:40pm
if you can get away with not having one through MOT's and road side emission tests then you may as well do it daz smile

dont expect to half your 0-60 time or anything after getting it done, but it should give it a little bit more poke so may as well have it done if you can blag that its legal on your car smile
Posted By: 20vgolf Re: De-cat - 28th Jan 2005 2:13pm
You can normaly expect about a 10% increase on your current horse power.

Cheers
© Wirral-Wikiwirral