Forums
Posted By: StuyMac What to do?!?!?! - 24th Jun 2005 11:18am
Thinking about my performance mod to be a bigger turbo wink

Only thing is, these give a good hype in power and torque by just fitting them. This, I recon, is going to leave my clutch up the swannie, and slipping like a bar steward frown

So, do I bite the bullit now, and buy a clutch before I get the turbo, get the turbo and worry about the clutch "if" it slips, or get them both together?

Pretty sure a single plate clutch wont be up to the job with my ultimate power aim, and theres no point buying a clutch for now, and then needing a better one in the future.

Still looking in to power and torque capabilities of single and twin plates, but a Single with flywheel is about £800 and a twin with flywheel £1100, so its not summut Im gonna jump straight in to confused
Posted By: rossi-foci Re: What to do?!?!?! - 24th Jun 2005 11:57am
If I were you, I'd wait until you have the money for the clutch, but not buy it straight away.

That way you can just see how it goes with the normal clutch, and if the clutch does go, you've got the money ready to replace it.

Obvsiously getting the money etc is easier said than done, but that would by my approach logically...not knowing much about the technical side!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: What to do?!?!?! - 24th Jun 2005 7:21pm
No point in getting a bigger turbo if your clutch cant cope with it stuy, personally if i had the money and patience, i'd wait and get both at the same time smile
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: What to do?!?!?! - 24th Jun 2005 9:09pm
Get the clutch first, it's a good mod on its own and it's not gonna break anything.
Posted By: Gary Re: What to do?!?!?! - 24th Jun 2005 9:12pm
both at the same time myself to be honest
Posted By: Scooby Re: What to do?!?!?! - 24th Jun 2005 9:29pm
Dump the biggest and fattest blower on it you can find and see how the clutch copes as the standard clutch are more capable than most, if and when you start getting clutch slip then replace it but dont go too extreme as you will loose the driveability thumbsup
Posted By: spinking Re: What to do?!?!?! - 25th Jun 2005 6:33am
Get the Turbo 1st matey. Is it worth getting a clutch 1st without the power cos its going to be heavy on the onld left leg.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral