Forums
Posted By: joe bonnet scoops or vents - 28th Jun 2004 6:11pm
think of getting a bonnet scoop or vent 4 me car what do u reckon good idea or not and is it much work and how much u looking at
Posted By: Matty Re: bonnet scoops or vents - 28th Jun 2004 6:54pm
if you get it done, make sure you get it done proper mate. I had evo 6 cents grafted onto the bonnet of my last car, so there was no problems with miss-firing etc, from rain coming in through two large holes, but it wasn't a good job any way, as heat from the engine made the seams crack twice. not too sure bout cost though, try the CW sponser!
Posted By: Tony MK2 Re: bonnet scoops or vents - 29th Jun 2004 7:59pm
click me

here is a link to our sponsor joe and hope this helps matey
Posted By: PAZ Re: bonnet scoops or vents - 29th Jun 2004 8:58pm
It is a big job, but makes such a difference to the look of your motor!!

I say do it...
Posted By: Gary Re: bonnet scoops or vents - 29th Jun 2004 9:01pm
i say do it aswll just make sure its done properly and its not too over the top otherwise itll look rubbish. What one you thinking of at the mo?
Posted By: joe Re: bonnet scoops or vents - 29th Jun 2004 10:19pm
not sure like u said don't want anything to over the top
Posted By: Anonymous Re: bonnet scoops or vents - 30th Jun 2004 2:10pm
its v.expensive! so make sure you really want it
Posted By: Anonymous Re: bonnet scoops or vents - 30th Jun 2004 2:12pm
may work out cheaper to buy a new bonnet already vented mate!! depends how complicated ur going!! new bonnets are flying down in price because of the carbon ones!!
Posted By: lazy_ben Re: bonnet scoops or vents - 30th Jun 2004 4:07pm
i'd get the astra GTE vents. they look pretty cool for an old design, and theyre not over the top
Posted By: Anonymous Re: bonnet scoops or vents - 30th Jun 2004 10:21pm
if you want pure in your face then get them 2 big "nostrel" style vents that's been on a couple of civics in mags, not all to sure what their called and cant b bothered looking for a picture but i cud show you a pic from a mag if your ever at the meets

as for a subtle one, how about the "cool louvres" (spelling?) style of vents, PM woodsy as he's had these done by a place in liverpool at a good price to, im sure he wudnt mind sorting you out with details etc

hope this helps
© Wirral-Wikiwirral