Forums
Posted By: lawton alloy wheel refurbished - 30th Apr 2005 10:56am
£40 and £50 a wheel to be refurbished and painted any colour.
i was thinking this is quite a lot and was wondring if any body else has been somewhere to get there alloys done.
Posted By: lazy_ben Re: alloy wheel refurbished - 30th Apr 2005 11:21am
Thats a decent price when you think about it.
A single new alloy wheel would cost about 75pound by itself, probably more depending on the make.
If they refurbish and respray the whole wheel, then its going to be as good as new for half the price.
Posted By: lawton Re: alloy wheel refurbished - 30th Apr 2005 12:15pm
supose you have a point if you look at it like that. its just that i have heard that people on a other website have had theirs done for about £25 a wheel.
Posted By: Mark Re: alloy wheel refurbished - 30th Apr 2005 3:48pm
Check out our sponsors forum as there are are a couple that do Refurbs. Click Me

At the end of the day you will always pay a little more for quality.

And also depending upon the size of the repair
can up the price too.
Posted By: grizz Re: alloy wheel refurbished - 30th Apr 2005 9:49pm
Think about how long it takes 2 do them ,1/ Remove all the tyre's 2/ shot blast them 3/ Repaint 4/ Refit all the tyres & balance . If you want a custom look you've got 2 pay .
Posted By: lawton Re: alloy wheel refurbished - 2nd May 2005 5:18pm
iam going to automotion tomorrow to get a quote for my alloys to be refurbished but does anyone no what there work is like and does anyone no if Kerr Chan does alloy wheel refurbished
Posted By: tony_220 Re: alloy wheel refurbished - 2nd May 2005 11:36pm
auto motion is cheaper and kerr told me to just go there coz he couldnt beat them!
Posted By: tony_220 Re: alloy wheel refurbished - 2nd May 2005 11:38pm
i paid £25 a wheel to spray em!
refurbed myself!
Posted By: dikky5 Re: alloy wheel refurbished - 3rd May 2005 9:41pm
remember u get what u pay 4!!!!
it probably only costs £10 in materials and the rest is a labour charge. find a good balance between cost and teknique u got a winner
Posted By: scoop Re: alloy wheel refurbished - 3rd May 2005 10:02pm
Im gonna fully re-furb mine meself with a lot of time effort and spraycans lol.IN the most bling bling shiny black u have ever seen. Not gonna take the tires off tho lol
Posted By: lawton Re: alloy wheel refurbished - 3rd May 2005 10:22pm
how easy is it to do it yourself scoop?
Posted By: Scooby Re: alloy wheel refurbished - 3rd May 2005 11:26pm
Originally posted by scoop2004:
Not gonna take the tires off tho lol
Either take the wheels to a local tyre house and ask them to "Pop" the front bead for you then its very easy to mask the tyre off or cover it with grease and the over spray wont stick to the tyre. Be sure to clean all the grease off afterwards or you will have slippy tyres smack

On your alloys Scoop you need to scuff the mirror finish off or the paint will NOT Stick, spray paint needs a rough serface to "Key" into. Its like trying to grab onto a shiney serface, you slip off easily, but if its a rough serface you can grip onto it easily, just the same as paint.
Posted By: scoop Re: alloy wheel refurbished - 3rd May 2005 11:56pm
gotcha scoob, am gonna take the chrome off to see wots under it, it looks to be laquered dark shiny paint already so if that wont come off with rain i may just use wonder wheels to remove ALL the chrome plate and leave em like that for a while. I do want em re-conned tho one day
Posted By: Anonymous Re: alloy wheel refurbished - 6th May 2005 9:32am
Ive just had mine done by our sponsors sprayforce, They have been sprayed in a one off paint nobody else has and they look as good as new, absolute quality job and i now have wheels no1 else has for just £160! Deffo worth the few quid! Any1 want any info or b4 and afta pics give me a shout!
Posted By: AX_125 Re: alloy wheel refurbished - 6th May 2005 9:35am
Saw the pug yesterday, looks totally boss, i have to agree.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral