Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Saxo VTR - 9th Apr 2005 7:43pm
Saxo 1.6i VTR 8 Valve - Views and opinions are always welcome smile

[Linked Image]

ENGINE
Factory 5 speed manual, Piper cross viper induction kit with cold air intake, 2 breather filters, chromed rocker cover, chromed oil and water caps, chromed fuse and chromed relay box. saxo battery cover, custom build de-cat quad exit exhaust with 4.5" jap style tail pipes.

SUSPENSION
Koni sports suspension adjustable kit, with dampers, shocks etc..., lowered 1 notch at the rear and 40mm koni springs at the front.

WHEELS
18" BK racing 240 shadow chrome alloys with nankang tyres.

BRAKES
Drilled and grooved discs on front with feroda pads, and ferodo pads on rear with standard factory discs.

[Linked Image]

BODYWORK
Ultimate velocity front bumper, ccm sypher side skirts blended into modified severnside wide arch kit. ccm sypher rear bumper and ccm sypher rear spoiler. Tail gate flushed, ccm sypher bonnet vents, rear wiper removed, m3 mirrors with indicator, bump strips removed, smoothed in and colour coded, de badged at rear, front bumper removed grill and flushed, aluminium fuel cap. All work blended in and colour coded, exterior neons, chromed washer jets.

INTERIOR
cobra clubman bucket seats, sparco 3 point harness's, centre console and side vents colour coded, red interior neons, rear seats removed for custom built install, sparco pedals, 7" monitor built into centre console, led gear knob,

I.C.E
Sony X-Plode head unit, 7" super T.V in dash, playstation 2 located behind passenger seat, 3 sony tweeters built into each door card with uprated sont door speakers, mid-range sony speakers built into tail-gate, shark 1.0 farad power cap, 2 maystar x-series 10" subs, 2 maystar x-series 12" subs, 2 QXT275 800 watt amps.

PERFORMANCE
Max power 118bhp approx, max speed 128mph approx, 0-60 in 7.8 secs

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Meesh Re: Saxo VTR - 9th Apr 2005 7:59pm
From the front look like every otehr modified saxo/corsa.
They all go for combat bumpers or U.V bumpers think would be loud but not as loud as it could be

Overall, Looks like any other Max Power wannabe car I'm afraid. Altho I do like the side and arch blending
Posted By: djrenegade Re: Saxo VTR - 9th Apr 2005 8:43pm
there is one very similar to this in eastham but in blue, looks quite nice.

And yesterday, I saw one in that red, the same apart from the spoiler and the bonnet. which was nice

But that one, I think is very nice
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: Saxo VTR - 9th Apr 2005 10:18pm
Wowza, that's phat! Like everything except the rear spoiler, looks a bit pointless and too big imo happy
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Saxo VTR - 10th Apr 2005 12:51pm
poop smile

looks like he's bought everything from the adverts in Max Power

lot of work gone into it though yes
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Saxo VTR - 10th Apr 2005 3:24pm
Can I just add that its a females car, we can make cars look good too smile tease
Posted By: Meesh Re: Saxo VTR - 10th Apr 2005 3:27pm
Thats just it though, it doesnt look good

It just looks like every other max power feature wannabe saxo out there
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Saxo VTR - 10th Apr 2005 3:32pm
I think its looks good for a famales effort smile
Posted By: Meesh Re: Saxo VTR - 10th Apr 2005 3:47pm
Isnt that sexist?

like saying girls aren't as good as lads at moddin?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Saxo VTR - 10th Apr 2005 3:50pm
Im not being sexist, Its just what lads have said to me. "Girls cant mod cars as good as lads" smack smack
Posted By: saz2004 Re: Saxo VTR - 11th Apr 2005 2:22pm
yeah, lads always say girls cant mod cars but there is proof that we can, i.e kellie's pink pug - now that is sweet!!

i like this saxo, looks a bit like dazVTR'S.
18" alloys r becomin a bit common tho!! i dont like the bonnet vents but im luvin the spoiler
Posted By: CorsaJohn Re: Saxo VTR - 11th Apr 2005 2:45pm
i quite like this but there again alot of the saxos are lookin axactly the same these days very much like corsas, but with the work thats gone into this one it looks slightly stamped in her own way
Posted By: scoop Re: Saxo VTR - 22nd Apr 2005 7:14am
Its a nice show car but i aint too keen on the spoiler and the general saxo ness. I love the way shes got it up to 106GTi pace with just a crap induction kit and zero back pressure exhaust LMFAO!!!! Think she should get it dyno'd to see her LOSS in BHP,and then run it at the pod to see her real 0-60 time of over 9 seconds, maybe even over 10
Posted By: evo ad Re: Saxo VTR - 23rd Apr 2005 10:32am
Originally posted by scoop2004:
I love the way shes got it up to 106GTi pace with just a crap induction kit and zero back pressure exhaust LMFAO!!!! Think she should get it dyno'd to see her LOSS in BHP,and then run it at the pod to see her real 0-60 time of over 9 seconds, maybe even over 10
A lot of the tuning companies out there reckon that if you just add an induction kit and a zorst on the VTR it actually makes them as quick as the VTS because of the torque produced by the 8v. The zorst is meant to be really restrictive on the VTR. Not sure how true that is though...
Posted By: DavidB Re: Saxo VTR - 23rd Apr 2005 12:46pm
Can someone answer me a question, do the 106's, Saxos' and Clio's all share the same chassis etc? They look really similar.

As Meesh said, spotting modded saxo's are like shooting fish in a barrel, they're everywhere. Every other saxo has had a body kit. I've got nothing against them, but when I saw that supercharged Saxo, that was unusual, because the majority of Saxo owners only know how to purchase a bodykit and drop it off at the body shop, that's the limit of it.

And I don't reckon that car has been touched by female hands either, apart from the obligatory aluminium gear knob swap and lexus lights and bucket seats, the bodyshop has done everything else.
Posted By: scoop Re: Saxo VTR - 23rd Apr 2005 1:46pm
U think the owner fitted the seats, not bein sexist but i reckon her daddy done it, or her BF, and the lights too. Gearknob may be a test enough for her to do it.

The saxo and 106 are the same car pretty much,same chassis yes. The engines are the same aswell pretty much.106GTI is the fastest of the group.The brand is peugeotcitreon. Dont think the clio has any relation tho

Power figure may be in the region of 115BHP if the exhaust has optimal back pressure but the 0-60 time will deffo be high 8s to high 9s
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Saxo VTR - 24th Apr 2005 9:44am
106 gti is 120bhp, saxo is 98-115 depending on vtr-vts. the clio is similar as its a french company also. the saxo and 106 are almost identical part from the lights shapes. anyway, back to subject. nice car but as people have said. to maxpower/fastcar. its just a CCM kit with a different front bumer. seen it all before far to many times im afraid.
Posted By: Gary Re: Saxo VTR - 24th Apr 2005 10:59am
old shape saxo VTR - 90 bhp
newer models - 98 bhp
Saxo VTS - 120 bhp
106 GTi phase 1 (or early model) - 120 bhp
106 GTi phase 2 (newere model) - 130 bhp

peugeot and citroen are near enough the same, just pugs have better build quality and are less common, although my oil cap has the pug and citroen badge on so they use the same parts
Posted By: scoop Re: Saxo VTR - 24th Apr 2005 11:37am
They are exactly the same brand, it is PeugeotCitroen.Found it on a website, they are PSA (PeugeotCitreon),just like opel and vauxhall are the same,and toyota and lexus are the same.
I suppose its pugcits way of tryin to monopolise the market, If u make a competition brand then u have 2 of the brandnames in a cast of 30 odd instead of one. Thats wot i think n e way.

The new model 106GTi can do 0-60 in 7.9 seconds with a top speed of 135(might not be wot the book sez but its wot all standard ones do in real life)So this 98BHP car is now 118bhp approx, max speed 128mph approx, 0-60 in 7.8 secs with just a piper viper and de-cat zero back pressure million and one exitted zorst.

I think peeps hu talk bull shud be shot.

My car specs are genuinly:-
70.8BHP dyno proven
0-60 in 14.0 giv or take 0.5
Top speed 105MPH
© Wirral-Wikiwirral