Forums
Posted By: DavidB Putting different manufacturers alloys on ... - 14th Jan 2006 7:27pm
Anyone actually gone through with this?
I have these on the Astra:
Calibra Turbo Alloys
PCD: 5 x 110
Offset: 35..42
Centre Bore: 65.0

But want these:
Lexus GS300 Alloys
PCD: 5 x 114.3
Offset: 35..42
Centre Bore: 60.0

The offset is the same, the PCD is out, and the C/B is smaller, what is the likelyhood of a fabricator being about to modify hubs to take this fitment, drilling the hubs, and maybe enlarging the bore??

I've liked these alloys for years, but have never had any luck sourcing any, they're just non-existant!
Posted By: Scooby Re: Putting different manufacturers alloys on ... - 14th Jan 2006 7:35pm
You carnt do it mate.

If it was just the centre bore then maybe you could get that machined out larger but NOT the PCD.

The only way you could do it would to buy "Hub Plates" to change the PCD but then this would throw the offset out smack
machining is a very costly process to get done properly, to the extent that it isnt either worth considering. The only way u could do it is if their is a company that manufacture and mass produce a adapter but still recon they be a few hundred quid frown
Posted By: mp3_85 Re: Putting different manufacturers alloys on ... - 14th Jan 2006 9:53pm
what do the GS300 alloys look like that is so good? u must like them if you want to change your wheel setup for them!
Posted By: scoop Re: Putting different manufacturers alloys on ... - 14th Jan 2006 10:02pm
is it possible to adapt the hubs to fit where the current vaux hubs go? there is a way u can get hub adapters which bolt onto ur studs and then have there own studs coming out but there a few inches thick and the wheels will protrude loads,show us these wheels,surely an aftermarket comapny produce similar ones?
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: Putting different manufacturers alloys on ... - 15th Jan 2006 12:21pm
Depending on the style of the wheel you may be able to get them machined into multi-fit alloys.
Posted By: DavidB Re: Putting different manufacturers alloys on ... - 18th Jan 2006 7:06pm
I've been told on another board it would be impossible, or difficult as well.
My thoughts were, if someone could drill a hole into the hub and then die a thread into it??
With the bore being smaller, you could lathe a large hole out, as it's covered by the 'hub cap' anyway.

Here's the alloys, I've wanted them for ages (but 'want' and 'get' are two different things)! The front wheel is 6.5 inches, and then the rear one is huge (and has a deeper recess in the alloy).

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Scooby Re: Putting different manufacturers alloys on ... - 18th Jan 2006 7:10pm
Originally posted by Scooby:
You carnt do it mate.
think think think
Posted By: scoop Re: Putting different manufacturers alloys on ... - 18th Jan 2006 8:09pm
lathing the centre bore out does seem possible,but itdd need a special lathe that can hold the wheel by the rim and put the cutter in the CB hole.MAy be able to have them machined into multifit,but im not sure if thats possible on five spokes as it may make the wheel too weak
Try asking a wheel companys if they will make
or have a copy of the wheels to fit your ride mate.

DONT COWBOY A WHEEL ON COS THE WHEELS IS YOUR CONTACT TO THE TARMAC TRUST ME I HAVE MADE A WHEEL FIT WHEN IT SHOULDNT HAVE AND A IT DIDNT WORK OUT RIGHT JUST ASK ME WALLET.

Once you start cutting and shaping alloys they loose there strenght.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral