Forums
Posted By: StuyMac Funky, bright, cheap bulbs - be quick!!!! - 9th Nov 2004 3:03pm
Got an E-Mail from a place I bought some headlight bulbs from for the 200SX, and they are having a massive sale!

If you want some funky bulbs, theses are the daddies!!! On dipped beam you get a rainbow effect, and a blue effect on mainbeam. They are also 90/100W - much brighter than std.

Normal car fitment is H4 (this is the 3 pin type with duel elements - dipped an main beam)

The bulb code is SAB136, heres a pic of the bulbs:

[Linked Image]

And order here:

Order Form (Click "Lighting" and "Headlights" and look for SAB136)

I paid £25 delivered when I got mine, and thought they where well worth it, nice effect, and nice and bright, but now they are down to £10 delivered eek

Trust me, these are well worth having!!!!!
Posted By: Rocco Re: Funky, bright, cheap bulbs - be quick!!!! - 9th Nov 2004 3:09pm
Are they legal? no think
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Funky, bright, cheap bulbs - be quick!!!! - 9th Nov 2004 3:13pm
Technically, no, but I had them on the S13 and S14 for over 3 years, never stopped once, and never failed an MOT smile
Posted By: Dazza Re: Funky, bright, cheap bulbs - be quick!!!! - 10th Nov 2004 6:34pm
Me thinks ill get some! The H3 type bulb is the most common - If you need to know what bulb your car has contact me, am sad enough to know working at Halfords!
What happened to Borough Salvage? I might have some of those bulbs will my fitment. I think the Esprit has H1 and H4 and my Vectra has a H7.
Bargain at those prices!

Originally posted by Dazza:
[b]Me thinks ill get some! The H3 type bulb is the most common - If you need to know what bulb your car has contact me, am sad enough to know working at Halfords! [/b]
Posted By: Dazza Re: Funky, bright, cheap bulbs - be quick!!!! - 10th Nov 2004 9:31pm
Long gone are the days of hard manual labour my friend - Hello to customer complaints at Halfords
Posted By: sally Re: Funky, bright, cheap bulbs - be quick!!!! - 13th Nov 2004 12:24am
Hi, :go:
Posted By: DavidB Re: Funky, bright, cheap bulbs - be quick!!!! - 14th Nov 2004 4:49am
Carry a legal set and say you'll swap them over straight away. wink And then drive off.
Stuy which colour combination did you go for in the end? I quite like the multi-rainbow but the code you gave is a blue low beam and multi-rainbow high beam. Is this the best option?
Also on your first post, have you got the colour order mixed up? You said a SAB136 give a multi-rainbow on low. On the website, it says it's the opposite. Can you please explain?
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Funky, bright, cheap bulbs - be quick!!!! - 11th Jan 2005 11:01am
I think he has them the wrong way round on the site.

I have ordered 2 set of the 136's, and my sisters BF has also ordered some for his car and bike.

The 136's have the multi rainbow effect round the bottom of the bulb (Dipped beam) and the blue round the top (Main Beam)
Thanks Stuy, just ordered a set this morning for my Esprit. I'll check them out. If they are OK then I will buy some for my Vectra.

Have you seen the DIY zeon kit they sell for £12?
It's a wire frame that fits over H4 bulbs with different coloured glass sides to give the appearance of Zeons. It has an open front so it doesn't compromise the light.
This may also protect the silver backing on your headlights. What do you think?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral