Forums
Posted By: aceritz Remote boot opening - 13th Oct 2004 8:37pm
Seen a few saxos going around with flushed tailgates, so with this in mind and i quiet like the smoothed look, i took it upon myself to set up a remote boot opening system.
I thought it would be a easy job, boy was i mistaken.

To go with the smooth look i decided to remove the rear wiper arm and washer jet. This improved the look greatly, but to be functional if i am going to flush the rear i needed a way to open the thing.

So i went scrap yarding for spare bits, i needed a boot solenoid. 6 Solenoids later and a few sparks i found one that would work.

To save time and effort of chasing wires through the car i figured that i aint got a rear wiper, so i could use those wires and the switch on the wiper stalk.

A bit of messing about and i got the solenoid mounted in the correct place, powered it up and the boot opened, i was over the moon.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I went to close it and the stupid thing wouldnt close becouse the solenoid wouldn't de energise, to re engage the lock. Bugger!!

basically i needed a spring to return the solenoid to the original postion

After driving around for a while with this set up, i found out that i could wire up my alarm unit and key fob to open the boot.

All i needed was a relay, and a bit of wire.

Basically connected up the alarm wire to the relay and then the relay to the wiper wire.
Success.
And the best thing is that unless theiving ... get hold of the key fob they cant get into the boot, because i removed all the locking mechanism and the key doesnt even work in the lock. happy
Posted By: exploding_penguin Re: Remote boot opening - 14th Oct 2004 12:11pm
nice simple way mate, mind u most boot that use a remote/ switched opening facility used a central lockin motor n e way
Posted By: Mark Re: Remote boot opening - 16th Oct 2004 3:54am
Good work there Aceritz,

That's how some of the best solutions are found,
by just having a go..

Idea >> Parts >>> working laugh laugh laugh

Good work..
Posted By: aceritz Re: Remote boot opening - 17th Oct 2004 6:36pm
well pingu, any decent retailer would supply you a solenoid, much safer to work with, i did mine myself so i got wot i could, yours in a central locking motor, who did yours???
Posted By: exploding_penguin Re: Remote boot opening - 17th Oct 2004 7:34pm
well the fiesta uses the same motor as mine dude
Posted By: Mark Re: Remote boot opening - 5th Nov 2004 3:43pm
How much was it to put together your way chris?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral