Forums
Posted By: Wheels My bad day - 20th Mar 2006 7:31pm
To explain what im on about please click the Video link below before scrolling down happy
http://youtube.com/watch?v=skUmKWMuhro
.13.5mb

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

frown
Posted By: Gary Re: My bad day - 20th Mar 2006 7:43pm
just had a butchers at it now mate, feel really sorry for you. doesnt look too bad and as said on the video, could of been a lot worse

you gona get it sorted yourself or insurance jobby?
Posted By: scoop Re: My bad day - 20th Mar 2006 7:55pm
Unlucky mate,how'd it happen?? were you "driving safe" at the time? Whos paying for it to be fixed?anyone else involved?
Posted By: Wheels Re: My bad day - 20th Mar 2006 8:05pm
the cause:

speed + hardbraking + oil + skidding = bad neck + broke car frown

only me involved. im paying to get it fixed. might be through my insrnce. and i have been suspended from work even tho i was not working at the time.
Posted By: Rossyboy Re: My bad day - 20th Mar 2006 8:08pm
gutted thumbsdown what a crap thing to happen to a nice car!
Posted By: scoop Re: My bad day - 20th Mar 2006 8:15pm
did u get a picture of the oil? why the hell have u been suspended??? is it bad suspended or just ur boss gettin u some sick leave? will u slow down after this?
Posted By: joe Re: My bad day - 20th Mar 2006 8:17pm
gutted 4 u mate
Posted By: Wheels Re: My bad day - 20th Mar 2006 8:21pm
no it happend on sat and only took the pics today. all the skid marks have gone too frown

i think it might be a bad suspension frown the rear wheel/hub/disc all ripped off and smashed.
Posted By: Wheels Re: My bad day - 20th Mar 2006 8:57pm
This incident has made me realise just how quick somethin can go wrong. i was not doing any stunts or showing off for cameras as there was none, it was an acident but i do admit some of my other videos wer OTT and im so glad nothing happend at the time of them. I found my self holding onto the handle of the door when my girlfriends dad was taking me home and feeling a bit scared when he was accelerating! confused i never thought i would be affected by something like this but look at me now!

im never going to do a video like my past ones ever again. or drive in that way. im lucky to be alive and i feel like i have deffo learnt something from this. maybe even gone from boy racer to a man. thanks thumbsup
Posted By: lazy_ben Re: My bad day - 20th Mar 2006 9:23pm
frown
Posted By: Den Re: My bad day - 20th Mar 2006 10:15pm
shit man it looks bad, atleast ur ok.

p.s love the ghetto boys soundtrack smile
Posted By: Wheels Re: My bad day - 20th Mar 2006 10:19pm
A detailed insite:

the incident happend at 22:55 (5mins before the complex closed) i had been to macdonalds to pick up some grub for me and my girlfriend. as i drove out of the drive through the person who was in front of me slammed on the brakes for no reason an i had to brake harsh too. as we got out the drive thru he did it again?!?! this p!ssed me off. i thought i would overtake him on another bit of the car park and get infront so he cant do it again and i did so, I carried more speed around the round about than intended (i dont know the exact mph) at the same time seeing two security guards that i know by some shops I jammed on the brakes to stop and tell them to get this idiot off site only to have the rear and allready on its way out(due to turning off the round about quickly), i held some what of a controlled skid only for it to snap back the other way and make the front end of the car contact the rails.

the rails gripped the car and spun it 180 causing the rear wheel to hit the kirb and smash off taking the hub and disc brake with it, then one more 180spin so i was facing the right way again. and i came to a stop.

the car that had been braking hard went off on the first junction and i went ahead on the second. none else was involved an none really around at 22:55 on a shopping complex.

I have never been in a crash before and didnt know what to do. so i used a near by plastic trolly and put it under the car so i had a 4th wheel and pushed the car outide the complex so they could lock up @ 23:00 and i could call the AA.

I have simpathy for anyone that has been in a crash before cos now i know just what it can do to people.
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: My bad day - 21st Mar 2006 12:26am
Gutted for you mate, t'was such a nice car! Glad you're ok though. Bit out of order suspending you imo, you weren't on duty. What if you'd crashed somewhere else, or it was another member of the public who crashed and not you? Don't think your boss would have anything to do with it!
Posted By: Matty GTI Re: My bad day - 21st Mar 2006 2:03am
sooooooooo guttd mate
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: My bad day - 21st Mar 2006 10:18am
Gutted for you man, glad its made you think about what your doing, cos if you can crash like that driving normally what the hell could happen when doing your "stunts".

hopefully the car wont need much doing to it.
Posted By: scoop Re: My bad day - 21st Mar 2006 7:41pm
If u want to claim off ur insurance mate and dont wanna bullshit them u can tell them ur story and it will cover you.U can say u feared for ur safety as u were being hassled by another road user so u were going a bit quick to escape from him,i hear celebritys have used it once or twice saying they were driving like a nut to escape from journalists that were scaring them
Posted By: Surfergirl89 Re: My bad day - 22nd Mar 2006 11:09am
Looks nasty mate, glad you're ok tho:)
Posted By: Rossyboy Re: My bad day - 22nd Mar 2006 12:39pm
how did you get suspended from work? what do you do?
Posted By: turbo_stu Re: My bad day - 22nd Mar 2006 4:10pm
nasty, thats the problem with front wheel drive cars, you go to correct them from the back end stepping out over compinsate and it snapps you round the other way! you'll be back to handbraking corners at 40, though it might be a few months till you are!
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: My bad day - 22nd Mar 2006 7:25pm
Originally posted by Scotty69:
how did you get suspended from work? what do you do?
He's security @ cheshire oaks
© Wirral-Wikiwirral