Forums
Posted By: jonny vectra sri 1.8 corsa sxi+ - 27th May 2006 12:25pm
me girlfriend just brought a brand new 1.8 corsa sxi+ wink shes pickin it up on monday morning. i believe there quite nippy. it has tinted back windows half leather seats light eyebrows irmscher grill and rear spolier. cant wait to thrash it smile
Posted By: jonny vectra sri Re: 1.8 corsa sxi+ - 29th May 2006 6:54pm
picked it up today. doesnt feel as fast as i thought it would but it cant half move. laugh
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: 1.8 corsa sxi+ - 29th May 2006 8:52pm
well its 123bhp@5600rpm, which isnt bad for a little car.
also 0-60 in 8 sec, which is faster than your vectra, as your vectra does it in 9.5 secs.
Posted By: DavidB Re: 1.8 corsa sxi+ - 29th May 2006 9:10pm
That's better than a Saxo VTR I think? Is it diesel or petrol? Didn't think they came in 1.8?
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: 1.8 corsa sxi+ - 29th May 2006 9:15pm
its petrol, i got the figures out of total vauxhall. i think its slightly out, as i seem to remember the bhp being 125.
Posted By: scoop Re: 1.8 corsa sxi+ - 29th May 2006 9:24pm
The 106GTI i 7.9 to 60. The VTS is a tad slower (god knows why as theyre the same car)

8 seconds is a nippy car.But does the rest of the car live up to the 0-60 time,as we all know. 0-60 times only tell 1% of the story
Posted By: jonny vectra sri Re: 1.8 corsa sxi+ - 29th May 2006 11:08pm
we'll be down the rock in it about 8 2moro. cali the quickest iv had 0-60 out of my vectra is 10secs cant get it any quicker than that. had a pipercross induction kit fitted the other day so i dont know if thats made a difference yet i havent timed it ? cant see it making any difference at all really it doesnt feel any quicker just louder. the corsa is a really nice drive. when u go for it wheels spin in 1st 2nd 3rd gears and accelleration in 3rd gear is exciting. kit looks smart and it has a good sound system. brought a pipercross for it but girlfriends not to keen to have it fitted?? :rolleyes:
Posted By: jonny vectra sri Re: 1.8 corsa sxi+ - 29th May 2006 11:12pm
its 125bhp@6500rpm
0-60 8secs
126 top speed
Posted By: scoop Re: 1.8 corsa sxi+ - 30th May 2006 6:27pm
personally i wouldnt fit the pipercross mate,but im not really into induction kits on N/A cars.I'd just drill the airbox and fit a panel filter that gives

a)the same if not more noise
b)slightly better power than an indu kit
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: 1.8 corsa sxi+ - 30th May 2006 7:54pm
scoop i agree with your for once. but only cos its a vaux, they run soooo hot, its not worth it you will loose power as it will suck in hot air, and it needs cold air.
Posted By: jonny vectra sri Re: 1.8 corsa sxi+ - 30th May 2006 11:13pm
yeah i suppose so it sounds nice as standard not too loud and not silent it has a nice sporty sound. it seems to be faster now for some reason mabey coz yesterday the engine only had done 5miles when we picked it up and its done 200 now so its wearin in abit.correct me if am wrong but i believe it takes about 2000 miles to properly wear in the engine to full peak think
Posted By: weaver_86 Re: 1.8 corsa sxi+ - 3rd Jun 2006 3:11pm
When i picked my new astra up the bloke at lookers told me it would need running in between 500 and 1000 miles.
Posted By: MrPhil Re: 1.8 corsa sxi+ - 5th Jun 2006 8:58pm
banjo the revs as this helps with the engine running in, if you keep constant revs the engine doesn't free up properly
Posted By: scoop Re: 1.8 corsa sxi+ - 6th Jun 2006 7:23pm
so have u drilled the box have u??

To run the car in

a)dont take it above 3k when cold
b)dont use full throttle when cold
c)dont go over 3k regulary when hot
d)drive like this for 2 - 3 thousand miles. Then open her up gently more and more each day
Posted By: StuyMac Re: 1.8 corsa sxi+ - 7th Jun 2006 9:11am
I thought new cars where pre-run in these days confused

The Vectra Hire car I have at the moment had 5 miles on it, its 6th mile was spent on the limiter, in first, when cold raftl

....its still running wink
Posted By: scoop Re: 1.8 corsa sxi+ - 7th Jun 2006 11:28am
apparently all engines are pre run in. But they tell u how to run it in and personally with a brand new car i'd listen.

Apparently they run them in on an engine test bed and they spend a couple of hours just under the red-line (supercars engines spend days at the redline before being put into the car)
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: 1.8 corsa sxi+ - 7th Jun 2006 11:36am
With modern technology you should have to run an engine in. the parts should with stand anything you throw at them. apart from rings gaskets and other consumables.

Even on a run in car you should never bounce it of the limiter constantly as it will damage the internals
© Wirral-Wikiwirral