Forums
Posted By: Meesh Want This One! - 5th Apr 2005 6:34pm
Well, I've been doing a lot of thinking... and now my finances are goin in the right direction and me new jobs started off well, I'm thinkin of applying for a loan to purchase this bad boy

ok, its an automatic...but I still want it!!

1992 LEXUS SOARER 2.5 Twin Turbo

[Linked Image]

Automatic, 74,175 miles, Metallic Black. Warranted Mileage, Trip Computer, Dump Valve, Digital Display, 17" After Market Alloys, Lowered Suspension, After Market Exhaust, Air Con with Cimate Control, Alarm, Electric Folding Mirrors, Full Bodykit, PAS, Privacy Glass, Remote Central Locking, CD Radio, Adjustable steering column/wheel, Colour coding - Body, Cruise control, Electric windows, Multi function steering wheel, Superb Condition Inside Out. Comes Complete With: 12 Month Parts & Labour WARRANTY, HPi Check, TAX, MOT, Full Service, Professional Valet, and Pre Delivery Inspection.

[Linked Image]

£4,995 eek
Posted By: scoop Re: Want This One! - 5th Apr 2005 6:40pm
Very nice, needs a flat whale tail-esque spoiler IMO and it'd be mega mint, is it LHD or RHD, can u afford the insurace??? its a toyota not a lexus, i know they are the same but in a way they are not. U cud put a lexus badge in place of the 'yoto badge tho and itll look posher
Posted By: Meesh Re: Want This One! - 5th Apr 2005 6:55pm
I know the badge is a Toyota, its just it was on the site as a Lexus

Haven't yet checked insurance, but loan would cover both car and insurance easily....

This is all IF the loan is accepted lol
Posted By: scoop Re: Want This One! - 5th Apr 2005 6:57pm
u may get refused insurance if u are under 21 as it is a coupe and if u r under 24 i can see the premium being rediculous mate, ill find a quote on a 22 and a 25 year old
Posted By: Meesh Re: Want This One! - 5th Apr 2005 7:06pm
I'm 21 already lol

0 no claims though smack
Posted By: scoop Re: Want This One! - 5th Apr 2005 7:08pm
Done a little play on elephant mate and its 1900 pound to insure it for 10 months fully comp with max excess for a 24 year old bloke hu has 5 years no claims on a standard soarer twn turbo!!

If u get insured on thi ill eat my hat mate
Posted By: Meesh Re: Want This One! - 5th Apr 2005 7:17pm
Your quote : £4208.52
Reference number : ***-***-***
Proposer : Mr Mischa Parry
Vehicle : Toyota Soarer Auto (GI)

Loan would still cover that.....just lmao

It'll be worth a try if it all comes through though!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Want This One! - 5th Apr 2005 7:27pm
wow! I want one too yes In red phwoooaaarrrrr tease Thats a beauty yum yum. Go for it raftl
Posted By: Scooby Re: Want This One! - 5th Apr 2005 7:47pm
Very nice cars matey, as you may or may not know i used to have one but the 4.0 Litre non-turbo. So So Smooth. They are a Lexus in america (Left hand drive) but a Toyota in Japan (Right hand drive) but exactly the same vehicle.

Found these pictures of a Modded Soarer

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Meesh Re: Want This One! - 5th Apr 2005 7:53pm
The one I found is right hand drive

Just soooo gutted about the insurance frown

Back to the drawing board fot me next car then lol

Definatly want one of these at a later point of me life though!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Want This One! - 5th Apr 2005 7:56pm
awww hehe, me too meesh lol
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Want This One! - 5th Apr 2005 8:12pm
Automatic raftl
Posted By: DavidB Re: Want This One! - 5th Apr 2005 9:22pm
If I remember correctly, aren't they Toyota Supra's with a different body??

You will need a second mortgage if anything goes wrong on one of those things!!
Posted By: dikky5 Re: Want This One! - 6th Apr 2005 1:54am
do it now. im in simular position 2 u in going 4 a bigger sized insurance groupin on my next motor. the car does matter but ther r silly exeptions out ther.

4 me i found a celica gt4 1991 h (insurance grp 16/17) 2 b cheaper than 1989 5 turbo (insurance group 14/15) why i dont no. moral o story is just try em.

p.s. loans r evil. b carefull not 2 get stung on so called low apr deals. if u want any advise from a car loan insider just ask.
Posted By: lazy_ben Re: Want This One! - 6th Apr 2005 7:16pm
Originally posted by MisterAdam:
Automatic raftl
2.5 litre Twin Turbo wink tease

My mum's car is an auto and that thing flies! I can't even begin to imagine how fast that lexus would be!
Posted By: neovo1 Re: Want This One! - 20th Apr 2005 12:37am
go for it only one thing beter than a turbo
and thats two
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Want This One! - 20th Apr 2005 9:00am
They did 3 different engines in that shape, the 2.5 1JZ-GTE, a 3.0 2JZ-GE and a 4.0

The 3.0 was apparently the one to have as basically the motor was the same as the Supra, although the size was the same, the stroke had been increased and bore reduced to give the car more torque than outright power to suit the type of car it was and the auto box they where fitted with.

In Japan the car is known as the Toyota Soarer, its on in Europe and US its known as Lexus (Luxury Export US wink ).
© Wirral-Wikiwirral