Forums
Posted By: Gary service history? - 8th Jun 2005 8:00am
is it all its cracked up to be?

would you guys stay away from buying a car without or would you just make a few checks and still buy it?

im going to look at a new car but its only got some service history, i will hopefully try an get a mechanic to coem with me and do a hpi etc, is there anything else i could do?
Posted By: AX_125 Re: service history? - 8th Jun 2005 8:23am
I probs wouldn't of bought mine if it didn't have a full service history. But i suppose **** cars can have a service history to?

A car is a big investment to some people, I suppose it is in a similar category as:

Would you buy a house if there was a possibility that it might fall down in the next few years?
Posted By: scoop Re: service history? - 8th Jun 2005 3:16pm
Full servicce history is a good thing to have, cos it aint got one knock him down on the price, dont pay the same mnoney u wud pay if it did have one, also this will affect the price u sell the car for when u come to sell.
Give the car a good check over when u buy it.Check the oil etc...do it all properly and ask him/her if it has been recently serviced. U dont wanna buy a car thats been runnin on 3 year old plugs and filters as the engine will be rough as heel. Also check the cambelt to see how new it is. New ones are nice smooth rubber,old ones are persishing(flaky and rough)
What is it exactly ur looking at mate?
Posted By: Gary Re: service history? - 8th Jun 2005 5:32pm
its a 106 gti, only got 49k on the clock and 2k less than others the same year etc, just because it aint got a service history
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: service history? - 8th Jun 2005 6:07pm
it should be fine, gti's are well looked after just run away if the seller is wearing burberry.
Posted By: scoop Re: service history? - 9th Jun 2005 2:42am
2k less just because of a service history,i woudlnt go that far.There must be somethin else wrong. Pardon my suspicion but approach this car with caution.Make sure it is a GTI for one thing not just a copy with an engine put in.Check for crash damage aswell
Posted By: Gary Re: service history? - 9th Jun 2005 12:28pm
its crap, pics to follow,went to see l.nite
Posted By: Anonymous Re: service history? - 9th Jun 2005 12:34pm
what was wrong with it???
Posted By: Gary Re: service history? - 9th Jun 2005 5:13pm
49k? and the rest
[Linked Image]

nice interior dude
[Linked Image]

nice [Linked Image]panel gap
Posted By: Anonymous Re: service history? - 9th Jun 2005 5:22pm
poor GTi frown