Forums
Posted By: AX_125 Ford Fiesta opinions. - 28th Sep 2005 2:39pm
Will probs be buying a Ford Fiesta Mk4 (i think) 1.3 EFI LX on a P Reg plate. No previous owners, 10 months MOT, only thing it failed on last time was a leak in fuel tank which was replaced.

Green, good condition, but with slight body damage due to a retard backing into it in a carpark all for £400.

What do people think of these cars? I know the engines are shit, but it aint for me, it is for the better half, any thing else to look out for etc?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Ford Fiesta opinions. - 28th Sep 2005 2:47pm
Rust!

But basically everything else you'd check for when buying a car, dodgey smoke coming from exhaust, engine leaking, pannel gaps to big or small, colour differences in pannels, crash damage etc etc smile
Posted By: scoop Re: Ford Fiesta opinions. - 28th Sep 2005 7:38pm
Nice runaround.Look at the wishbone bushes as chances are theyll need doin,and check the cambelt change date
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Ford Fiesta opinions. - 30th Sep 2005 11:47am
well picking the car up on tuesday. Could do with a new wing where the old one has a dent.

It is soooo fast compared to the civic lol
Posted By: Meesh Re: Ford Fiesta opinions. - 30th Sep 2005 6:53pm
is it the 1.25?

if so then yep, they're sh!t quick!
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Ford Fiesta opinions. - 30th Sep 2005 9:10pm
no it is a 1.3, i was being sarcastic. Think it takes about 15 secs to get to 30 lol.
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Ford Fiesta opinions. - 1st Oct 2005 11:40am
here is the pics of the car and damage.

what do ppl think might be the cheapest way to fix it?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Ford Fiesta opinions. - 1st Oct 2005 11:41am
Sorry about quality, was taken on phone
Posted By: Scooby Re: Ford Fiesta opinions. - 1st Oct 2005 7:38pm
Looks like a straight forward wing replacment job ?
Posted By: scoop Re: Ford Fiesta opinions. - 1st Oct 2005 8:41pm
Yeah i agree wiv jay,and there is dogshit on the rear tire FYI sorry doh doh
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Ford Fiesta opinions. - 2nd Oct 2005 11:59am
Yeah, made my enquiries, it is a straight forward replacement. But unluckily the old fiesta wings don't bolt of, they are welded to the rest of the car, other wise i was planning on doing it myself.

I am very impressed with this motor, already had someone wanting to buy it. It is actually alot nippier than i thought, admittadly it aint gonna win any rallies but it does do something when you put your foot on the accelerator. Cheap to run, fix and mega cheap to insure compared to the Civic, bargain!

My view on Ford, for the moment, has changed.
Posted By: scoop Re: Ford Fiesta opinions. - 2nd Oct 2005 12:14pm
Yeah ford like to weld wings on,and use strange fasteners (stardrive bits with raised centres anybody??)So some jobs are not DIY unless u buy new tools. Is it going to be modded at all? Wonder if you could beef up the intake noise with a 1.4 MAF?which i have if ya want it
Posted By: Dazza Re: Ford Fiesta opinions. - 2nd Oct 2005 12:31pm
Front wings are tack welded on older fiestas and unfortunetly if your in a crash the chances are the car will be written off with any damage to the wings as its a 'costly' job to repair as there welded on

lol @ scoop, there known as security torx and can pick them up from any Halfords. I'll ignore silly comments on different MAFS
Posted By: scoop Re: Ford Fiesta opinions. - 2nd Oct 2005 3:11pm
Originally posted by Dazza:
I'll ignore silly comments on different MAFS
Why. My bigga MAF makes a mint noise. And im sure the 1.4 PTE MAF will be the same externally as the 1.2 but bigger inside,thus a lovely noise
Posted By: Dazza Re: Ford Fiesta opinions. - 3rd Oct 2005 2:23pm
And mess up your fueling, do we really need to go down this route again?
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Ford Fiesta opinions. - 3rd Oct 2005 7:08pm
please not this again, oooh god not this again.
Posted By: scoop Re: Ford Fiesta opinions. - 3rd Oct 2005 7:34pm
Originally posted by Dazza:
And mess up your fueling, do we really need to go down this route again?
My 1 comment on the matter. The ECU adjusts the fuelling accordingly from what the sensors tell it. Its not like your chucking 50 times the amount of air in,its only a tad more so the ECU can handle it.
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: Ford Fiesta opinions. - 3rd Oct 2005 8:58pm
Please, I don't think AX is even looking at doing this car up so stop hijacking his topic!

Anyway, I say don't bother repairing the damage. If it drives fine and you don't want it to be anything special then I don't think it's worth throwing the money at. Just my 2p
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Ford Fiesta opinions. - 3rd Oct 2005 10:08pm
That is a good point, anfter alot of thought, decided not to fix the damage, as i dont believe it to be an MOT failure and as we wont be selling the car just yet it wont be beneficial to spend that much money on it.
Posted By: Dazza Re: Ford Fiesta opinions. - 4th Oct 2005 12:31am
Sweet, lets all put 2.0 MAFs and TBs on and some go go stripes for an extra 50bhp without the ecu thinkin what ****in sensors do I have now?
Posted By: scoop Re: Ford Fiesta opinions. - 4th Oct 2005 7:17pm
AX. Make sure you protect any metal from rust with a slap of paint. Dazza,i didnt say a 2.0 one. Only a tad bigger. A 95- 2.0 one makes my 1.6 run like shit as its just TOOOO big. So im using an early one thats small but a tad bigger than the 1.6 It helps me. AX. If you wanna try the 1.4 MAF ur welcome. At least itll beef up the intake noise and as you retain your own MAF sensor(only the housing unit changes) it calculates more air. Same way that it'd calculate more air that an induction kit lets through
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Ford Fiesta opinions. - 4th Oct 2005 7:33pm
He isnt modifying it, give up on who knows best about fords. It isnt relevant on this topic as its not a modified car and its not going to be.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Ford Fiesta opinions. - 5th Oct 2005 8:41am
Changing the MAF's on a car is not the be all and end all of engine modifying so give it a bloody rest. I really dont think ax_125 will be modifying this car and im sure he'll be keeping it looking/sounding standard rather than sounding crap just because he's changed the MAF.

Maybe keep your eyes peeled in scrappys for a fiesta like the one you've got, might find a rear ended one with mint front on it and pick up the wing there? Its a long shor but no harm in trying cool
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Ford Fiesta opinions. - 5th Oct 2005 2:06pm
Thanks for the offer Scoop, i will keep you in mind when i have any questions.

There is loads of fiestas in scrappys but i dont really have any decent tools to take them of frown
© Wirral-Wikiwirral