Forums
Posted By: GazzA Corsa B Questions.... - 24th Jan 2006 9:37pm
how much would it be if i had a bog standard Corsa B 1.4 and wants to convert it to a 2.0 turbo with intercooler?...

Just came across a site that sells them and was wondering how much it would all cost coz its something i've never seen and like the idea of it smile
Posted By: scoop Re: Corsa B Questions.... - 24th Jan 2006 10:02pm
Originally posted by GazzA:

Just came across a site that sells them and was wondering how much it would all cost
Surely the site u've found could tell u the EXACT price of the conversion,we could guess for u but that'd be very vague. Id say around 6k+ but i could be wrong,it may be as little as 4k,depends how hard the conversion is,and only this company know really
Posted By: GazzA Re: Corsa B Questions.... - 24th Jan 2006 10:16pm
No Worries, found some lad who's gettin his done for about 2k inc labour
Posted By: scoop Re: Corsa B Questions.... - 24th Jan 2006 10:23pm
christ,all corsa peeps shud do that then. Cheaper than having an aggy style bodykit done
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Corsa B Questions.... - 25th Jan 2006 12:11am
is it though? lol!
Posted By: GazzA Re: Corsa B Questions.... - 25th Jan 2006 12:45am
the lad i know of doing saud this -

engine around a grand, fitting kit around 400quid, labour around 500+, intercooler 200quid, small fans x2 170quid, exhuast 400quid

thats what mine is costing me to convert it too c20let !
Posted By: DavidB Re: Corsa B Questions.... - 25th Jan 2006 2:00am
Garages like to charge lots on this! 4k is -ridiculous-, 6k is unbelievable!!

The engine is just a 'redtop' with lower compression - pistons, manifolds, the turbo and the bits (obviously) and different ECU.
It'd be cheaper to do it this way, as the engines have skyrocketed to over 1K, I remember when they were going for 400 - 500 quid, and that was only 3 years ago. A redtop costs around 250 - 350 quid. Get the engine into a tuners, buy some forged turbo pistons and rods. And if you're really tight, get a turbo unit from a diesel!!
You haven't reached the price for a Calibra/Cavalier Turbo engine, even after being rebuilt.

The Corsa needs ... new mounts.
In fact, it only needs one, although the old one can be redrilled to fit. You can buy three new mounts for £££, or use your old ones and a drill.

It also needs new driveshafts, as the new gearbox won't match the hubs (larger engines have more splines on the driveshaft stub).
Or, changing the whole strut for a better type means you can get the driveshaft from an Astra, Cavalier or Calibra for 10 quid.
And MTech charge over 100 quid for a 'special' driveshaft!

You will need better brakes, which comes replacing the old whole strut for a 25 quid Calibra/Cavalier/Astra effort (again, bypassing the need for 200 quid brake setup), and a decent servo/master cylinder while you're at it - 10 quid from a scrap Omega V6.
You don't need new rear brakes, drums do the job, discs are pretty much cosmetic on the Corsa.
Finally, you need a different thinner drive belt (it rubs on the side of the engine bay) and an angle grinder to take 1cm out to fit the alternator properly.

There's a decent intercooler on the Frontera. One cost me 20 quid from Green Lane salvage! smile

There's a slight problem with the turbo Corsas, and that's traction, you will never use 1st gear!!
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Corsa B Questions.... - 25th Jan 2006 9:59am
What he said ^^^^^^^^^
Posted By: lawton Re: Corsa B Questions.... - 25th Jan 2006 11:50am
yeah, what he said, just use a fontera intercooler, thats what a lot of people use
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Corsa B Questions.... - 25th Jan 2006 2:14pm
What about concidering doing a 3000cc omega V6 engine swap. 210bhp out the tin. Yes the engine will fit as its the same size as the 2.5 block. would be sweet and the engine wouldnt be as expensive. was going to consider this myself in a while when i have some money.
Posted By: GazzA Re: Corsa B Questions.... - 25th Jan 2006 4:48pm
i've seen a corsa with a V6 block in it, looks the dogs bollocks!
Posted By: lawton Re: Corsa B Questions.... - 25th Jan 2006 5:53pm
the only problem with the v6 corsas are that there is no kits available so you would have to make all the engine mounts, and the speedo doesnt work so you will have to have a seperate speedo
Posted By: DavidB Re: Corsa B Questions.... - 25th Jan 2006 6:45pm
Frontera IC:
[Linked Image]
Posted By: GazzA Re: Corsa B Questions.... - 25th Jan 2006 7:15pm
[Linked Image]

This intercooler kit is for Corsa's with a 2.0 conversion (c20let). It has the same capacity as the Cavalier/Calibra but has different end caps for ease of fitting on the smaller cars.

The intercooler is unique intercooler, first Impressions of the intercooler would be that it is like any other on the market, however there are some significant differences. This is the most efficient Intercooler of its type with visible fins inside the Intercooler; these fins create more air turbulence enabling the intercooler to cool the air more efficiently. The exit temperature of the intercooled air is only 15° higher than the ambient temperature, proving a very efficient intercooler. This enables more air to be forced into the cylinders at the same volume as a gas takes up less volume when it is colder.

All pipes that come with this kit are a larger bore than standard being 50mm.

Price £466.00
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Corsa B Questions.... - 26th Jan 2006 11:46am
not worth it speak with spray force they could custome make the pipes for cheaper
Posted By: DavidB Re: Corsa B Questions.... - 26th Jan 2006 6:43pm
As everyone on here who's used a turbo will tell you, use Samco pipes, you can buy a set for 60 - 70 quid. wink Those pipes look bent to shape especially for the Corsa?? Bet it's only fractionally more efficient, even going at 100mph!

The beauty with IC's and radiators is it has one pipe going in and one going out, and as long as you can mount it, you can take one from any car and put it on another!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Corsa B Questions.... - 26th Jan 2006 7:12pm
that intercooler looks tiny gazza! u want ur charge as cool as u can! a charge cooler would be a gd idea i think!
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Corsa B Questions.... - 26th Jan 2006 7:51pm
Originally posted by X_red_hot_charl_X:
that intercooler looks tiny gazza! u want ur charge as cool as u can! a charge cooler would be a gd idea i think!
i think u could do with an intercooler on ur front end cause ur hot in them pics lol, raftl
Posted By: scoop Re: Corsa B Questions.... - 26th Jan 2006 8:28pm
that intercooler aint exactly huge but he aint gonna be runnin stupid boost so his ACTs are gonna be relatively low,hi boost in a corsa will make it hugely undrivable
Posted By: GazzA Re: Corsa B Questions.... - 26th Jan 2006 9:50pm
Who is 'HE'?...
i did say i was just wondering, aint got plans to do it
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Corsa B Questions.... - 26th Jan 2006 9:58pm
If something like this was going to be done, boost will alway be wound up, eds phase 1 chip and FMIC are a musy, you would be hard pushed finding a good calibra turbo without these basic mods.these should (i think) take the car to 230bhp to 240 bhp.

Stationmeik is the man to talk to as he is going the conversion himself.
Posted By: GazzA Re: Corsa B Questions.... - 26th Jan 2006 10:26pm
i know a good way to get a C20LET to 350BHP for less then a few hundred quid wink

Opel - Vauxhall C20LET 350bhp up-grade kit(good oportunity for take off the old K16 unit for a new Garret T34 turbocharger and higher flow tubular manifold):

-External Wastegate £68
-Turbo Tubular carbon Steel C20XE/LET manifold £160
-Oil flange pipe for bolt in turbocharger(oil-out system) £8
-Oil flange nipple for bolt in turbocharger(oil-in system) £8
-Garret T34/525 series Turbocharger £300
-Braided pipe for oil £20
-Braided pipe for wastegate £15
-Niple for oil feed in oil pump £8
-Initial downpipe with elbow flange £25

Total of parts: £612
Packet weight: ~15kg

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: DavidB Re: Corsa B Questions.... - 27th Jan 2006 2:01am
No-one has really bothered passing 300bhp on the LET yet as the internals and gearbox can't take it!
You'd need a new ECU and phase chips, larger injectors, etc on top of that, '350 bhp' is just an estimate to match what you've got ready for it. That alone would cost more than the above kit. frown
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Corsa B Questions.... - 27th Jan 2006 9:52am
I know of a few guys on the calibrea site that have gone upto 400bhp on the LEt engine.

Shit that must be silly quick.
Posted By: GazzA Re: Corsa B Questions.... - 27th Jan 2006 12:34pm
C20 LET phase 3 by any chance?
Posted By: DavidB Re: Corsa B Questions.... - 27th Jan 2006 5:53pm
A good site:

http://www.pro-tecmotorsport.com/listings.aspx?type=new
© Wirral-Wikiwirral