Forums
Posted By: Neon-O Nissan : GT-R 2007 - 19th Oct 2005 2:02pm
Ello people ..... just found some pics of the new GT-R and info, thought you mght like to see. I think it looks pretty sweet, looks alot more modern but still has some the the aggressive characteristics of the old version.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I was gonna round this info down to the most interestin but its all a decent read. So here's the majority of the article. happy

According to sources, exterior design on the all-wheel track terror is close to final. The official launch dated has been reportedly set for 2007 with the vehicle bowing in as a late 2007 or early 2008. It'll more likely be the latter. Let's rewind four years and two show's ago, Nissan revealed the GT-R Concept. A promise from the man himself, Carlos Ghosn, that the GT-R wouldn't be left behind with the new Nissan. What we saw back then was a glimpse of the car you see here, the GT-R Proto (short for prototype).

At the 35th Tokyo Motor Show in 2001, Nissan unveiled the GT-R Concept, confirming that the GT-R legend would be continued into the 21st century. Then, at the 37th Tokyo Motor Show in 2003, Nissan announced the next-generation GT-R would be rolled out in 2007. Now with the launch of the production model just two years away, the development of the new GT-R has moved ahead again with the reveal of the GT-R Proto.

As we're not even supposed to have these official photos, most of our information is limited to educated speculation. The Internet rumors tell us that the car will use some form of Nissan V6 in the VQ family. Yes, it'll be based off the same award-winning VQ35DE powerplant that is used in practically every Nissan in production. It won't be the 3.5L naturally aspirated mill that we've seen in the 350Z and G35. Some industry know-it-alls suggest that it will use a larger displacement 3.7-4.0L version of the same engine mated to a twin-turbo setup. Tuning and engineering has been done by the racing experts at Cosworth. We've heard that the car will have at least 400 hp and up to 500, but we think 450 sounds more realistic. No torque figures have been announced. If the horsepower-to-torque ratio similar to that of the existing VQ, don't expect those numbers to be far behind the ponies.

Other performance features are, supposedly, a positive-boost turbo system. This means that the GT-R will never fall into negative boost and, like a supercharger, will always have boost available. This should make power delivery very linear, but, once again, we have yet to hear official word from the PR machine at Nissan. The last bit of vital info to the GT-R legend is the use of a seven-speed CVT transmission with an all-wheel drive system. This seems an obvious choice, except for the seven-speed tranny.
Posted By: Gary Re: Nissan : GT-R 2007 - 19th Oct 2005 5:39pm
that is fappin gorgeous! that is so nice its unreal
Posted By: Den Re: Nissan : GT-R 2007 - 19th Oct 2005 6:12pm
jesus i need to get saving. a quick a mild bank heist is in order
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: Nissan : GT-R 2007 - 19th Oct 2005 6:24pm
Originally posted by Gary:
that is fappin gorgeous! that is so nice its unreal
What he said! WOW eek It's beautiful, I think I'm in love!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Nissan : GT-R 2007 - 19th Oct 2005 6:40pm
Its so different to the 32, 33, and 34, but still looks fantastic, liking the way they've kept the style of rear lights, top work smile
Posted By: Meesh Re: Nissan : GT-R 2007 - 20th Oct 2005 2:36pm
Its nice yeah, and I like teh way they're keepin teh rear lights...

BUT

why the hell are all the japs makin the front lights like the 350z style??

ruins it IMO

Think they shouldda stuck to the same kinda headlights as the or R34
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Nissan : GT-R 2007 - 27th Oct 2005 7:36pm
It looks like a 350z and Skyline had sex and made this. LOL Stupid comment but you know what I mean.

I like the front lights, they look MEAN!! laugh
Posted By: scoop Re: Nissan : GT-R 2007 - 30th Oct 2005 6:22pm
Judgin by its name i dont think its even a skyline,its a GTR. Basically its own car,and i like it, front lights could do with being wide not long but hey,its still mint
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Nissan : GT-R 2007 - 30th Oct 2005 8:17pm
Its god damn fine, although vicky I still think Jays is nice aswell dont you
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Nissan : GT-R 2007 - 2nd Nov 2005 10:30pm
Yeh Laura Jays is fit! laugh And you got to model on it...biatchhhhhhh! you slaaaahhhhhg! hehehehe LOOK ARRRD ORIIIITE!???
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Nissan : GT-R 2007 - 4th Nov 2005 9:34pm
Originally posted by Vicky:
Yeh Laura Jays is fit!
Just like him tease

I will model on it again soon, will be after christmas - hopefully february happy
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Nissan : GT-R 2007 - 4th Nov 2005 9:51pm
i love the way its modeled on the 350 and the rx 8, qualitly, they have ruined one of mine, and probly everyones fav car, ass holes
© Wirral-Wikiwirral