Forums
Posted By: AX_125 Repairable - 17th May 2005 10:18am
This car is described as having medium rear quatre damage.

What do you guys think, is it worth purchasing and fixing, or am i looking at a few grands repairs?

I am thinking it might just be a new rear quatre, but maybe the chasis is bent?

Anyone know prices of rear quatre's and where i could get one from?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Repairable - 17th May 2005 10:27am
If its just the rear 1/4 it shouldnt be to bad, though welding a new 1/4 in wont be cheap.

You need to make sure the impact hasnt effected the chassis and twisted it, also, if the tree / lampost the car hit also caught the wheel has it done damage to the rear subframe - not good when its a BMW and RWD with driveshafts, diff etc all on the rear frame.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Repairable - 17th May 2005 10:30am
looks as if it'll of done a little but more than the rear quater. like stuy said it could end up being drive shafts, suspension etc, i'd give it a miss if it was me cool
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Repairable - 17th May 2005 10:43am
Thing is, i can get it real cheap, and if the repair bill is less than the car is worth, then can make a reasonable profit, don't have a clue what these things are worth frown
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: Repairable - 17th May 2005 11:25am
Looks a tad risky, maybe you could take a bmw rim and ask to drive it a few yards? If you're interested in buying a car to do up and sell on I found this on ebay last night, a visit to the scrappies and a respray would see it sorted smile

Ebay link
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Repairable - 17th May 2005 11:34am
I personally wouldn't buy a car with any damage to it like that.

You should do your civic up!
Posted By: spinking Re: Repairable - 17th May 2005 2:01pm
I am not a massive fan of the compact 316 bit on the slow side. £5000 will see you with a good 316 and about £7000 will see you with a good sport. Not many modded one's about so if you were to get it you could have a car that not alot of people have. They can look good 2.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

If i were to get a E34 (the shape the compact is) i would go for the none compact but thats just my choice. They are RWD and thats a great amount of fun.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral