Forums
Posted By: DavidB World's fastest street legal car - 16th Jun 2005 11:38am
[Linked Image]

11.5L V8 - 1400bhp

0 - 60 In 1.24 Secs and 1/4 mile at 174 mph.

18"+ wide road legal drag tyres help quite a bit with grip. As does a chassis and suspension designed purely for the drag strip.

This is based in England, Bedfordshire. wink
Posted By: Anonymous Re: World's fastest street legal car - 16th Jun 2005 12:05pm
is that a calibre?!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: World's fastest street legal car - 16th Jun 2005 12:21pm
Yup, looks ugly as hell though! It doesnt seem to have wing mirrors, are these not needed for the MOT? Bonnet vent/thing looks horrible but fair play its the fastest road legal car in the world so who cares what it looks like laugh
Posted By: Paul R Re: World's fastest street legal car - 16th Jun 2005 12:22pm
Originally posted by aggy:
is that a calibre?!
Looks like it!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: World's fastest street legal car - 16th Jun 2005 12:29pm
Hmmm that would be interesting if it turned up at shotton paper on a sunday night...LOL
Posted By: dikky5 Re: World's fastest street legal car - 16th Jun 2005 1:00pm
i hope it crashes n burns. that or changes its body pannels
Posted By: maverick Re: World's fastest street legal car - 16th Jun 2005 1:10pm
Thats crazy, Should have been a nicer and different car than a calibra.
Posted By: evo ad Re: World's fastest street legal car - 16th Jun 2005 1:27pm
I saw that at Santa Pod going up the drag strip last year and it was fast. It was meant to be turning up at the Vauxhall Performance Show this year but couldn't make it due to mechanical problems.
Posted By: Dazza Re: World's fastest street legal car - 16th Jun 2005 1:30pm
Like the power
Hate the car
Posted By: scoop Re: World's fastest street legal car - 16th Jun 2005 5:26pm
I like it, it looks like it has a purpose, that vent is for lettin all that heat out of the mofo. Needs some holes in the front tho to let the cool air in. It is a calibra, no iffs buts or maybes
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: World's fastest street legal car - 16th Jun 2005 5:45pm
told ya my car was class. ha ha

Thats been off the road for 12 months with mechanical problems. due to be starting the season again soon.
Posted By: DavidB Re: World's fastest street legal car - 16th Jun 2005 10:48pm
Ugly as sin, but it's good because it's British.
One of the reasons is because the Calibra is the most aerodynamic road car (barring supercars etc.) as well, believe it or not.
Originally posted by maverick:
Thats crazy, Should have been a nicer and different car than a calibra.
its a vauxhall so i deffo love it!!!!!i would love 2 see this imagine at a cruise pullin a wheely ud soon say awsome!!!!!! thumbsup
Posted By: saz2004 Re: World's fastest street legal car - 17th Jun 2005 2:40pm
that bonnet is horrible!!
Posted By: holty Re: World's fastest street legal car - 29th Oct 2008 10:24am
what does it matter what the car looks like, it was'nt built to be pretty, it was built to be quick, most other cars would not be as aerodynamic as the calibre (which i agree are ugly as sin) as for the bonnet scoop, it is whats known as a cowl induction hood, which allows the motor to draw in low pressure air at the bottom of the windscreen, not letting hot air out. this car was built with no compromise to be quick down the strip, about the only part left of a calibra is the roof and rear quarters as every other panel is glass and the whole chassis is space framed.
this is a proper car, built for a purpose, not to have neons and big speakers in to go cruising round mcdonalds car park smile

Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: World's fastest street legal car - 29th Oct 2008 3:41pm
lol that thread is over 3 years old mate
Posted By: spinking Re: World's fastest street legal car - 30th Oct 2008 12:36am
And out dated i am sure the fastest cars a viva now raftl

Honest though i think it is.
Posted By: MGCraig Re: World's fastest street legal car - 30th Oct 2008 12:37am
Tis indeed Tony... Beaten by a "Car" thats god knows how many years older....
Posted By: spinking Re: World's fastest street legal car - 30th Oct 2008 12:38am
Cooooooooooooooool for picking the kids in though
Posted By: MissGuided Re: World's fastest street legal car - 30th Oct 2008 12:38am
Originally Posted by saz2004
that bonnet is horrible!!

Its like a Capri with a hard-on
Posted By: chris bmw M3 Re: World's fastest street legal car - 30th Oct 2008 7:33am
Victor, not Viva me thinks;)
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: World's fastest street legal car - 30th Oct 2008 7:46am
[youtube]BuRrleV9QWU[/youtube]
Posted By: spinking Re: World's fastest street legal car - 30th Oct 2008 10:39am
Originally Posted by chris bmw M3
Victor, not Viva me thinks;)

Thats the one forgot what the name of it was when you told me happy

Look the the petrol price in the vid raftl
Posted By: chris bmw M3 Re: World's fastest street legal car - 30th Oct 2008 8:48pm
Guy in that video,his hair looks like a bunch of spiders havin a meetin on his head!!haha
© Wirral-Wikiwirral