Forums
Posted By: exploding_penguin Drift - 25th Feb 2006 8:47pm
im lookin at gettin in to drifting

only gonna buy somethin cheep like volvo 360 or old beemer 320 or 325 or somethin quite cheep.
is there any where that does drift events localy??

just wondering so i can look at the cost of doin somethin like this
Posted By: scoop Re: Drift - 25th Feb 2006 8:55pm
i know a guy who drifts for APEXi in an S14 in the competitions,it looks expensive,however,taking it up amatuer wise shudnt be too bad,a good base car wud be an S13 200SX or maybe a corrola AE86. Not sure on amatuer places to practice,but practice on standard wheels and tyres before u go burnin 17s up every weekend
Posted By: exploding_penguin Re: Drift - 25th Feb 2006 8:57pm
Originally posted by scoop2004:
i S13 200SX or maybe a corrola AE86.
talkin cheep cars scoop hense sayin old bmw 320 or volvo 360 £250 max
Posted By: scoop Re: Drift - 25th Feb 2006 9:01pm
oh,250 notes,i thort u meant 1-1.5k,which is what a S13 can be found for (one that needs work)

And i meant "apex" before,not APEXi

This is his car
[Linked Image]]
and heres an off he had
clicky
Posted By: Scooby Re: Drift - 25th Feb 2006 10:32pm
I would love to get into drifting but as always there are so many barriers getting in your way.....
Posted By: spinking Re: Drift - 26th Feb 2006 1:16am
D1 are the real drift peps to speak to in drifting.

Strange question HAVE YOU DRIVEN RWD BEFORE (SIDWAYS I MEAN).

You will need things like LSD good handbreak 325. and 320 E30's DONT HAVE A LSD. E36 not all model have a lsd. Cozzies have a poor lock try and get a 200sx or somthing with good torque.

If you really want to get into it and dont have a car i WILL lend you my 4i WHEN the engine and lsd are in.

YOU CAN HIRE OUT CARS AT THE EVENTS BUT YOU DO NEED A DRIFTLISENCE IF YOU WANT TO PLAY PROPER.

Its somthing i would like to do myself as there is only so much you an do on the road.

Try ebay for dvd's onhow to drift i have a dvd if you want to lend it its not great but may help.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1994-Nissan-1...238QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This is the type of car you want.

THINK STU MACS MATE DOES DRIFTING ASK HIM ABOUT WHAT TO DO.

GOODLUCK MATEY AND KEEP US POSTED.
Posted By: exploding_penguin Re: Drift - 26th Feb 2006 11:37am
i would love a 200 but like ive said aint got the cash to skunk on 1. dont really matter bout a lsd welding up the diff can achive the same sort of effect(ive been told)and if i was spending £200-£300 on a car i wouldn't bother spending £1000 on an lsd. if i did have the a car for drift i wouldn't be used appart from drifting so its very risky if im gonna go doin it on the street (without insurance, mot, tax)!!.

so there isn't n e where that puts on an event on some private land n e where local??
Posted By: Wheels Re: Drift - 26th Feb 2006 1:02pm
I like the idea of buying a cheap RWD car for drifting. If we had a proper place to do it i think many more people from other sites would join up too.
Posted By: Scooby Re: Drift - 26th Feb 2006 1:09pm
If we had a proper place to do it
Cheshire Oaks Car Park maybe think
Posted By: scoop Re: Drift - 26th Feb 2006 1:20pm
Drifting isnt really a CHEAP hobby so if u wanna do it on the CHEAP then its not gonna be the REAL thing is it?

Maybe just go on a course (couple of hundred quid) they'll give u a decent car and teach u how to do it,that way u'll see if u like it,and u'll understand what is needed to take it up as a hobby,i know crail has a drift figure 8 track thing but its tiny,u can freely slide around that tho all day on a sunday for just 15 notes,aswell as them having a 1/4 mile there too
Posted By: exploding_penguin Re: Drift - 26th Feb 2006 2:28pm
Originally posted by scoop2004:
Drifting isnt really a CHEAP hobby so if u wanna do it on the CHEAP then its not gonna be the REAL thing is it?

cheep! Volvo 360 2.0l rwd = £75 (ive found a b reg example 4.
im not talkin all there high spec jap inports scoop. im talkin about gettin some thin really cheep there are plenty of cars out there for a few hundered quid shuch as a carlton, e30 bmw, Ford granada, scorpio, omega, old 5 series, loads of options out there 4 cheep drift, an they olny need slight mods such as welded diff and striped interiour and u got as decent drift car.
Posted By: scoop Re: Drift - 26th Feb 2006 3:10pm
then theres the tyres and the cost of the events mate,i know u will only ever buy part warns anyway but it still adds up,each days drifting will prob cost over 200 pound minimum i'd suspect,even in a B reg volvo
Posted By: exploding_penguin Re: Drift - 26th Feb 2006 3:25pm
So if i weld the diff my self Cost = 0£ strip The Interior Cost = 0£ 2 x part worn tyres = wot a 10£ max
then the cost of where ever you go which i dunno but it aint 190£!!!!
Posted By: Dazza Re: Drift - 26th Feb 2006 3:54pm
Elvington Trackday is £95 mate, I think you can do this on the cheap regards of what people say. Best look into it more as I know a few people that would join you laugh
Posted By: exploding_penguin Re: Drift - 26th Feb 2006 3:57pm
i would like to just get some where that was just a big pice of open tarmack or concrete like the back of some warehouse or somethin like that an pay them to use it, cheers for ur support daz, would love to do elvington but couldn't afford transport 4 the car frown
Posted By: Dazza Re: Drift - 26th Feb 2006 4:07pm
Heres something then shawn, at the back of Advanced Autos (Your dads place) inside where LaserNail was, is a skidpan - an open piece of smooth concrete and they spray water over it so you can practise drifts and spins etc - Am sure its only about £20 for a go and they supply the cars (Scrappers).

I was looking for the phone number the other day but couldnt find it
Posted By: exploding_penguin Re: Drift - 26th Feb 2006 5:36pm
i'll check it out cheers daz mate
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Drift - 26th Feb 2006 5:45pm
Originally posted by tupac:
D1 are the real drift peps to speak to in drifting.

Strange question HAVE YOU DRIVEN RWD BEFORE (SIDWAYS I MEAN).

You will need things like LSD good handbreak 325. and 320 E30's DONT HAVE A LSD. E36 not all model have a lsd. Cozzies have a poor lock try and get a 200sx or somthing with good torque.

If you really want to get into it and dont have a car i WILL lend you my 4i WHEN the engine and lsd are in.

YOU CAN HIRE OUT CARS AT THE EVENTS BUT YOU DO NEED A DRIFTLISENCE IF YOU WANT TO PLAY PROPER.

Its somthing i would like to do myself as there is only so much you an do on the road.

Try ebay for dvd's onhow to drift i have a dvd if you want to lend it its not great but may help.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1994-Nissan-1...238QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This is the type of car you want.

THINK STU MACS MATE DOES DRIFTING ASK HIM ABOUT WHAT TO DO.

GOODLUCK MATEY AND KEEP US POSTED.
My E30 325is had an LSD, traded it in for £500 cream leather recaros 100 000 miles, think you should go for one of these sean
Posted By: spinking Re: Drift - 26th Feb 2006 9:43pm
325is is the sport which had a lsd 325i dont.

Trust me i love dem E30's.

Welding the dif is a good idea we used to do it on my stock cars.

It can be done cheap but cutting corners isnt always the way.

Like Dazza said give Elvington trackday a go. (you can lend my 4i if you wish)
Posted By: exploding_penguin Re: Drift - 2nd Mar 2006 1:07am
did a little research and the place dazza mentioned is now closed down. apparently the place is surfaced in a special kind of cement and he had special 'trollys' for the cars.

im trying to get intouch with the fella who owns the place to see if a group of us could use it every once in a while.
Posted By: spinking Re: Drift - 2nd Mar 2006 1:12am
Yer that would be great.

Looks like i have just got a lsd for the 4i so would be well up for that.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral