Forums
Posted By: Tony MK2 Ford: Mustang - 9th Oct 2004 11:16pm
Ford at work on special Mustangs, other cars to join '06 SVT Cobra
AMY WILSON | Automotive News

[Linked Image]

LOS ANGELES -- Just weeks from the debut of the redesigned 2005 Mustang, Ford is at work on special-edition Mustangs for the 2006 model year.

The high-performance SVT Mustang Cobra is slated to reappear for the 2006 model year, Ford Division President Steve Lyons said at a press event here. But other niche versions are coming, too.

"We've got to look at Machs and Bullitts and Bosses," Lyons said, referring to storied special editions of the past. "We just have to decide which one we want to pull out of our hat first."

Those special editions follow the coupe, which should be on sale by late October, and the convertible, which should be on sale in March.

Incentives will be limited at first. Lyons said to expect subsidized finance rates and possibly "loyalty" cash to previous Mustang buyers.

Initial sales are expected to skew in favor of the 4.6-liter V8 GT model. But ultimately, Lyons said, the sales breakdown will return to its pattern of about one-third V8s and two-thirds V6s.

Ford is still trying to sell its stock of 2004 Mustangs. It had 25,200 units, or a 96-day supply, as of Sept. 1.

Though he thought the 2004 model would be more scarce by now, Lyons said, he is not worried about clearing out the old models.

He said he wants some 2004 models around when the redesigned Mustang goes on sale.

Mustang advertising should appear around Nov. 1, Lyons said. Ford will reveal more about the marketing launch later, but it is expected to encompass a variety of media.

For instance, expect to see the 2005 Mustang on fall TV programming. It will be a 16th birthday gift for a character on Fox's "The O.C." when that program opens its season in November.

Also, the lead spy on ABC's "Alias," played by Jennifer Garner, will drive the 2005 Mustang during a fall episode.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Crevis Re: Ford : Mustangs - 10th Oct 2004 10:19pm
thats realy smart that
Posted By: Whitterz Re: Ford : Mustangs - 10th Oct 2004 10:28pm
what an ugly muther ****
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Ford : Mustangs - 10th Oct 2004 11:28pm
i like the way they have kept the tailgate badge just like the original, thats way old cool!!!
Posted By: Dazza Re: Ford : Mustangs - 11th Oct 2004 9:22am
Too be honest i think it'll be a marmite thing, i think it looks ok but will grow on my (With it being Ford)
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Ford : Mustangs - 11th Oct 2004 11:08am
ugly, not a fan of america style of cars!
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Ford : Mustangs - 11th Oct 2004 11:17am
Not keen on the **** end, but the front looks sexy.
Posted By: AL Re: Ford : Mustangs - 11th Oct 2004 4:31pm
I like the way they have updated the lines of the car realy in keeping in tradition of the older mustangs I would love one!
Posted By: aceritz Re: Ford : Mustangs - 12th Oct 2004 10:00am
from the front the back looks like its riding high but from the back it looks like the front is riding high, wierd. it must be an american thing.
Oh put me down on the waiting list, i would have one tomorrow if i could afford it
Posted By: DavidB Re: Ford : Mustangs - 12th Oct 2004 8:09pm
Following on from that amazing GT40?
That Mustang looks ****ing gorgeous, if a little, er, retarded from the front?? Still, I thought it would look worse than that when I heard the rumour.
Posted By: Jimmy1Pint Re: Ford : Mustangs - 27th Feb 2006 10:41pm
would have to be in black ! wudnt mind the 4.8 one thou
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Ford : Mustangs - 28th Feb 2006 11:32am
saw one of these in the shell on new chester road few weeks back, stunning car, proper road presence.
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Ford : Mustangs - 28th Feb 2006 6:43pm
I think these cars are alot of car for the money, bet you get more looks in this than any modded car and only 25000 new. I would love one.
Posted By: scoop Re: Ford : Mustangs - 1st Mar 2006 3:28pm
i like it,a lot of yank cars are cheap as hell arent they,u can have one of them O.T.R in the UK for 30 grand,lot of car for the money, i think the chrysler 300C is a bargain too,and the VXR monaro
Posted By: Den Re: Ford : Mustangs - 7th Mar 2006 7:52pm
monaro is australian scoop
Posted By: scoop Re: Ford : Mustangs - 13th Mar 2006 1:36pm
oh yeah,whoops.Basically,cars from oz are cheap as fook too
Posted By: mp3_85 Re: Ford : Mustangs - 11th May 2006 4:51pm
I had a look and prices for a 06' convertible are as low as £27k now, thats a brand new supercar. Thats pretty impressive, its gonna drink the juice and be a nightmare to insure but I'd have one in a flash
© Wirral-Wikiwirral