Forums
Posted By: Pete_M Tyres - 17th May 2019 6:34am
Hi all,
I need four tyres for my Ford Focus, where would you recommend on the Wirral for either new or part worn?

Any advice is appreciated.

Pete
Posted By: Dilly Re: Tyres - 17th May 2019 6:59am
Hi Pete , the cheapest I have found for part worn is Neptune car spares. The will fit them while you wait.
Posted By: casper Re: Tyres - 17th May 2019 7:53am
Originally Posted by Pete_M
Hi all,
I need four tyres for my Ford Focus, where would you recommend on the Wirral for either new or part worn?

Any advice is appreciated.

Pete

Hi I got my last lot from Asda online, it was 2 years ago but the prices were good on the different brands, book them online and fitted at a garage all in the price,fitted at a garage near you, worth a look at prices.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Tyres - 17th May 2019 8:37am
Blackcircles, then fitted at Crane Bank Garage.
Posted By: pacef8 Re: Tyres - 17th May 2019 10:02pm
St james tyres on the docks is our go to . Popular with taxi drivers as well.
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Tyres - 17th May 2019 11:26pm
I use Frank Bather in Rock Ferry on the A41. He is reasonable in his prices and, best of all, honest. They won't tell you a tyre needs changing unless it really does.
Posted By: Dougiem Re: Tyres - 18th May 2019 7:23am
Highly recommend Manley's in Claughton Rd
Posted By: j_demo Re: Tyres - 18th May 2019 11:16am
Top Gear Tyre Centre in Ellesmere Port are spot on. Always busy and in demand which is a sign they're good. Very reasonably priced as well.
Posted By: rhoobarb2002 Re: Tyres - 18th May 2019 9:48pm
Originally Posted by j_demo
Top Gear Tyre Centre in Ellesmere Port are spot on. Always busy and in demand which is a sign they're good. Very reasonably priced as well.

Yep, +1 for Top Gear Tyres.
Posted By: jimbob Re: Tyres - 20th May 2019 7:42am
there is only 4 small pieces of tyre touch the road at a time, so remember the cheaper the tyre you buy can mean the cheaper you value your life.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Tyres - 20th May 2019 9:45am
Also remember that dearer price does not mean better quality. It’s quite easy to find proof of that from new tyre specifications and prices.

So conversely cheaper price does not mean cheaper quality.
Posted By: jimbob Re: Tyres - 20th May 2019 6:48pm
must point out that the danger is from second hand tyres, what is known as runners { part used }
Posted By: Greenwood Re: Tyres - 21st May 2019 12:49pm
I've been going to Manleys for years for tyres. It might be possible to buy them more cheaply elsewhere, but I trust Manleys and they give good service.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Tyres - 21st May 2019 10:57pm
Originally Posted by jimbob
must point out that the danger is from second hand tyres, what is known as runners { part used }

Why? The tyres are examined inside and out unlike the tyres when you buy a used car.

In the trade, part-worns are exceedingly cheap and plentiful, a seller isn't going to risk his reputation and investment selling dangerous tyres when he can get good ones easily.

I've never had a duff part-worn tyre nor heard of a real person having a problem with them.

With radial tyres it is exceedingly unlikely that the core can be accidentally damaged without leaving visible evidence on the surface.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Tyres - 22nd May 2019 9:17am
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
In the trade, part-worns are exceedingly cheap and plentiful, a seller isn't going to risk his reputation and investment selling dangerous tyres when he can get good ones easily.

Depends on the seller and how quick they want to make money. I went to Direct Tyres a few years ago for a part worn.

It failed the MOT.

I took it back, they replaced it, but put it on backwards.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral