Forums
Posted By: weaver_86 Insurance! - 24th May 2006 7:07pm
they have you screwed every which way! they give you on price, then when you ring them up its completely different! does anyone know of insurance companies who are sort of kind to younger drivers?
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Insurance! - 24th May 2006 7:19pm
your best ones are the like of tesco, norwich union etc stay clear from the companies out of the back of mpower etc. Nowich union may not insure you on car over group 15 unless your 21 whereas the ones in mpower will but you will get chinned gud style. I know this from expirence. I was charged 2600 for a g reg xr2i when i was 20 had the car 2 days cancelled the insurance and they tryed to keep hold of my 600 deposit. I argued with them about it and they said they had told me when taking out the policy that it was non refundable, anyway after lots of letters etc they got back to me saying they listened to the recording at it was failed to be mentioned. So they refunded me £450 etc which iwas okay with but 600 was taking the p..s. Be careful as these are cons. They may have diferent names in the back of the mag nxt to each other but their all one big company.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Insurance! - 24th May 2006 7:20pm
Liverpool Victoria are the cheapest me and all my mates have found for young drivers.

They were 60% cheaper then Tescos in my first year and 70% cheaper then them in second year (with 1yr NCB). Tesco's are the next cheapest company ive tried on both occasions. smile

www.liverpoolvictoria.com
Posted By: lazy_ben Re: Insurance! - 24th May 2006 8:38pm
I got my renewal off Liverpool Victoria yesterday and its safe to say I wont be staying with them any longer.

They want almost 800pound to insure a group 2 car. Thats me being 20, with 3 years no claims and no convictions.

I've been with them for 3 years and havent ever missed a payment. That's gratitude for you!

****ers!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Insurance! - 24th May 2006 8:56pm
Wow! What was your previous premium?

I am paying just £700 a year for a group 5 with only 1yr NCB ..... my first year was only £1083 (and now a claim on my file although the other driver admitted all liability and the claim was on her insurance, its on my file lol).

omg
Posted By: Mark Re: Insurance! - 25th May 2006 3:23am
Have you tried the Online Estimates ? Click me

I was with Liverpool Victoria until they
told me last year that they do not
cover your car for any modifications?

Engine or Cosmetic...

I saved a bundle with the online search smile
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Insurance! - 25th May 2006 9:12am
24 2 bans just passed test (again) 500 on tesco policy as a named driver but i get my own no claims this is on a mk6 fiesta worth 5400

for a 1.0 fieta worth 400 notes they wanted 1500 loon balls
© Wirral-Wikiwirral