Forums
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Ultimate plan... - 25th May 2006 11:05pm
K, all this stems from the fact I can't fit a towbar to my civic and keep it looking sleek at the same time smack lol. I need a towbar now so I can tow/launch my rib this summer, and I'm gonna have to borrow cars to do this, it's really not practical.

Also decided I want something faster, at the mo I can beat joe bloggs off the lights in his ford focus, but I make a racket and look stupid when doing so.

This is what I've come up with - here's my car as it stands:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Before I sell it, I'm gonna blend the skirts into the bodywork, fit a new rear spoiler that's sitting in my room, blend the trim under the rear lights and delock the boot, repair the cracked lense on one of the rear lights, and respray the skirts/back bumper black as they've faded. Then it's going on eBay to be replaced with one of these:

[Linked Image]

Honda Civic Aerodeck VTi - 167bhp, 0-60 8.0s, 138mph, and all the fancy bits a range-topper normally has.

Comments and Critisisms welcome people.
Posted By: Scooby Re: Ultimate plan... - 26th May 2006 12:52am
happy

Nice choice but would you not need 4 wheel drive to launch ?

Im buzy looking for a new toy, maybe S3 or A3 Quattro TDi.

Golf 4 Motion's are also coming into my mind think
Posted By: Den Re: Ultimate plan... - 26th May 2006 1:21am
[Linked Image]

i got bored and chopped ur suggestions. is this what your going for?
Posted By: scoop Re: Ultimate plan... - 26th May 2006 2:40am
Much better mate,way forward imo,but if i were u i'd spray the kit body colour,it'll help it sell
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Ultimate plan... - 26th May 2006 8:51am
Cant you get them removable towbars? I am sure scott b from darkcruisers used to have one on his nissan sunny.

Bonus, he actually works with his dad supplying and fitting towbars.

You should have a word with him
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Ultimate plan... - 26th May 2006 8:53am
PS, i think the civic has an unbraked towing weight of 1000kilos, not sure what they are like for towing, might not be to good with their torque-less engines
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: Ultimate plan... - 26th May 2006 6:55pm
Yeah I've heard they're not too good, mines actually only 850kg unbraked lol. I've looked everywhere and all I can find is the shitty swan-neck type towbars, I couldn't even modify one of those to be removeable.

I'm sure the VTi will be a much better towing vehicle anyway, I mean anything that gets up to 60 in 8 secs should have no excuse for not being able to tow.

Nice chop den but the spoilers different to that. At least it killed some boredom lol.

Scooby, used to launch the rib with the Astra and that managed ok, although I am slightly worried about the clucth and front tyres lol. I will use a 4x4 whenever possible but this is mainly for towing distances.
Posted By: scoop Re: Ultimate plan... - 26th May 2006 7:08pm
a VTI with 160 brake has more torque than most 1.8 cars but nowhere near as much torque as similar 160BHP cars so it'll easily pull most things, whats a "rib"
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: Ultimate plan... - 26th May 2006 7:33pm
Rigid Inflatable Boat mate, it's like what the RNLI use. Fast and ALOT of fun laugh

With regards to your previous post, I'm gonna save myself the time, money, and effort, and sell as is wink

Anyone want a civic coupe? Going up in for sale topic soon.
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: Ultimate plan... - 26th May 2006 8:13pm
Clicky
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Ultimate plan... - 28th May 2006 10:23am
I heard that the civics arent torque what so ever, not saying their not quick but when going up hills i heard they struggle. I think you should go for an s3 or 4 jay, you want to ask joe for ago of his, its really nice and quick.
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Ultimate plan... - 28th May 2006 11:59am
Going up hill is a struggle when revs are low, drop down a gear into the VTEC band and you can keep your speed up an pick up more speed.

With a full car and full boot, my car has no problems going up or down hills, i just need to manage the gears. The biggest flaw and the best point of the VTEC, dependant on your style of driving.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral