Forums
Posted By: Superdavelotus Which Alloys? - 26th Sep 2005 7:03pm
I have OZ Saturns on my V8 which Iam unhappy with. Aftermarket wheels are very hard to find as the rears are completely different to fronts in sizes and offset.
I have been offered some mint (only 3 months old) OZ Novas which are lighter and I think they look better. Problem is guy wants mine plus £500 notes. Is it worth it and what your opinion?
I was thinking of keeping my old ones and stripping the paint off and polishing myself?
Here's what it would look like with new alloys on
[img]http://pictures.autotrader.co.uk/ATD_web/servlet/media?id=220429740[/img]
Posted By: CorsaJohn Re: Which Alloys? - 26th Sep 2005 7:17pm
i like the new ones alot but why so much plus part ex mate??

if he cud bring the money down as wel as ur whells then do it
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Which Alloys? - 26th Sep 2005 7:20pm
any pics ?
Posted By: scoop Re: Which Alloys? - 26th Sep 2005 7:41pm
Polishing yourself eh???? That sounds sexual

If it were me i wouldnt do it fella. But if these are your dream wheels do what it takes.Seems a bit much but they are massive wheels

I liked the wheels on the red one
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: Which Alloys? - 27th Sep 2005 7:04am
The saturns are my fave wheels for the esprit
Posted By: Superdavelotus Re: Which Alloys? - 27th Sep 2005 8:31am
Interesting comments, it only makes me more confused!
The Novas will cost about £2300 if I bought them new whereas the Saturns even though they may have cost a similar amount in this size, they are obselete now.
In the Esprit world, everyone would give their right arm for a set of Novas this is why I have asked people who didn't know this.
Initially he wanted more money. He could sell these wheels for £1K tommorrow if he wanted. A set sold for £1300 without wheels recently, see advert
http://www.lotusespritworld.com/Sale/parts.html
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Which Alloys? - 27th Sep 2005 10:05pm
you only live once, take the plunge, go for it.

Be a man, LOL
Posted By: Gary Re: Which Alloys? - 27th Sep 2005 10:08pm
yeah mate do it. if you can afford to and you do really like them then why not. how are the tyres on them etc aswel though? if 'in the esperit world' they are very sort after then there must be a reason behind it
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Which Alloys? - 27th Sep 2005 11:20pm
go for it, if you can do it, do it
Posted By: Superdavelotus Re: Which Alloys? - 28th Sep 2005 3:20pm
I am going for it. I've taken my old wheels to Sprayforce to have tyres taken off. Will do deal tommorrow morning or evening! MAy miss this week's meet but will try and get there if I can.
The deal with the alloys is that the owner had OZ Magnesios on before but had an accident. Insurance company told him wheeld were obselete so they bought him a brand new set of Novas. He doesn't like them so wants Saturns so he can have painted in gun metal grey to look like Magnesios. So they are mint with no marks so good deal really.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral