Forums
Posted By: Scooby Engineering Company Needed ! - 19th Jan 2005 10:42pm
<b>Does anyone know of a local engineering company who can manufacture me some wheel adapter plates ??

What i mean is i want to use vauxhal fitment wheels on the Cruisewirral Transit van.

What is needed is a plate made to bolt onto the exhisting hub of the Transit and change the stud pattern to Vauxhall stud pattern.

Why i hear you ask, Well the price of 16" alloys for the Transit is about £800 with tyres and i can get Vauxhall fitment 18" alloys for about £450 with tyres.....

I Want the Transit sitting in 18's happy
Posted By: scoop Re: Engineering Company Needed ! - 20th Jan 2005 2:06am
How about a hub conversion scooby?and these adaptors are gonna have to be quite thick which will push the wheels out loads, i can see it now, even with 7x18 rims its gonna be protruding loads. I think?! Hub conversion is the only way matey,The only other option is to fork out mucho wonga for the correct fitment 18's.
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: Engineering Company Needed ! - 20th Jan 2005 2:12am
Paz's old workplace, W.Bibby's engineering in Neston should sort you out mate. Ask Paz for the no. though coz I aint got a clue.
Posted By: Scooby Re: Engineering Company Needed ! - 20th Jan 2005 2:13am
<b>A Hub Conversion is not possible, The ford transit has a very weird hub, not like any other vehicle...... happy
Posted By: aceritz Re: Engineering Company Needed ! - 20th Jan 2005 3:03am
Originally posted by Scooby:
[b] Nice pretruding rims and makes a wider wheelbase for better handling happy [/b]
its a transit van, they aint made to handle well, i got some super glue to help you stick to the road. he he

other than that MR engineering it's by peco
Posted By: scoop Re: Engineering Company Needed ! - 20th Jan 2005 4:11pm
Get the arches flared scooby, u know it makes sense.
Posted By: Superdavelotus Re: Engineering Company Needed ! - 8th Feb 2005 12:06pm
Try this site trackstore
they do convertor spacers and may be able to help. If you know your PCD then this would help.
If not, send me an e-mail and I'll point you to a local guy who looks after my Lotus. He's very reasonable and has his own engineering workshop.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral