Forums
Posted By: DavidB That video of the rear wheel drive WRX - 27th Oct 2005 10:56pm
not only can they not drive for sh*t, they really ARE stupid as well.

Hoons shop themselves on Internet

THURSDAY , 20 OCTOBER 2005

Police have nabbed a group of "stupid hoons" who posted uncensored footage of their dangerous driving antics on the Internet.

Investigators fielded many complaints from as far away as Britain after the young men put the film on the Web.

The three-minute film taken in July shows a modified Subaru Impreza WRX racing up and down McAlpine St in the Christchurch suburb Sockburn, and performing 360-degree spins and burnouts before crashing into a tree.

At one point, the car almost collides with a vehicle going in the opposite direction. Smoke pours from the car's tyres as it tears along the street.

After the car crashes, several young men are seen running to check the occupants and push it along the road.

James William White, 20, appeared in court yesterday charged with reckless driving, after the film prompted complaints from throughout New Zealand and from overseas.

He pleaded guilty and was sentenced to 120 hours' community work and disqualified from driving for nine months.

The Canterbury road policing manager, Inspector Derek Erasmus, said several people were involved in the incident, which could only be described as stupid.

In the film, the car is seen heading straight for a small group watching and filming from the side of the road.

Someone could have been killed, Mr Erasmus said.

"They always say in a rally, `Don't stand on the outside of a corner', and that's where these guys are standing.

"We looked at a lot of different charges, but our legal advice was we could get them for reckless driving."

Mr Erasmus said the vehicle could not be seized because White no longer had it. White had denied posting the film on the Internet.

"Members of the public recognised the street and police were able to track down the owner of the car through the registration seen on the Internet and identified the driver through analysis of the film.

"He was the author of his own demise. If you perform a criminal act, we shall pursue you."

It was not known if a cellphone or handheld camera was used to do the filming.

"This film shows we are dealing with people who have no regard for their own safety or anyone else's," Mr Erasmus said.

Police files show complainants could not believe what they were seeing.

One wrote: "People like this are stupid and irresponsible, after all they filmed this and put it on the Net. I feel sorry for the person in the other car that must have got a hell of a fright, I think that they should be taught a lesson, thanks in advance for your time."

Another said: "It's of some guys in a WRX doing some stupid acts of driving here in Christchurch and I know exactly where the video was taken. They end up crashing and you can get a good ID of the number plate. I was wondering if you can get these guys for anything, as these are the muppets that make legit WRX owners like myself have a hard time in the public eye." – The Press
Posted By: Sanchez Re: That video of the rear wheel drive WRX - 27th Oct 2005 11:07pm
do u have the vid any were, i want to see it please
Posted By: Scooby Re: That video of the rear wheel drive WRX - 27th Oct 2005 11:59pm
Topic Closed : Click here to jump to the original topic running.......
© Wirral-Wikiwirral