Forums
Posted By: Scooby Opinions Needed Fast : Track Car - 26th Aug 2005 7:49pm
Click here to view e-bay details.....

Very tempting omg
Posted By: scoop Re: Opinions Needed Fast : Track Car - 26th Aug 2005 7:56pm
Is it THE rover V8. The same rover V8 as fitted to the TVR SEAC??? if so thats the most awesome engine note ive ever heard. Whats the deal with it mate,buyin it as a second car??
Posted By: Scooby Re: Opinions Needed Fast : Track Car - 26th Aug 2005 8:03pm
Track Car mate, some fun to be had at a small cost i would say.....
Posted By: scoop Re: Opinions Needed Fast : Track Car - 26th Aug 2005 8:19pm
Get it i say!. Is it the SEAC V8,
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Opinions Needed Fast : Track Car - 26th Aug 2005 9:09pm
junk, i bet it will do one quarter mile then blow up, mind you, on that note you may win some sort of flame show. laugh
Posted By: spinking Re: Opinions Needed Fast : Track Car - 27th Aug 2005 10:56am
Would be fast but wouldnt pay silly money for a car that may die after 1 lap but on the other hand paying good money usualy means its not going to die after 1 lap.

3.0 carltons are cheap at the mo just need a looking over before thay go on the track (somthing i should have done the otherweek smack )

YOU GETTING THE TRACKDAY BUG JAY
Posted By: Scooby Re: Opinions Needed Fast : Track Car - 27th Aug 2005 11:18am
think think think Trackday thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup
Posted By: grizz Re: Opinions Needed Fast : Track Car - 27th Aug 2005 6:26pm
Would make a nice toy , Dont think it's a 3.9 , looks like a 3.5 ,as all the 3.9's are efi ! !
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Opinions Needed Fast : Track Car - 28th Aug 2005 3:52pm
The 3.5 and the 3.9 have the same size exterior engine block, onlt difference is the stroked crank in side.
You can get carbs on any rover v8 engine so it may be standard but it may not. Eather way they are piss easy to strip and rebuild (to standard) and arn't that expensive eather.
What you would have to find out is what the compression ratio is or failing that, what the first 8 engine numbers are and i can tell you what the engine came from as i have a chart with them all on but its a bit long to write on here.
They put them engines in everything, sherpa vans, TVR's, boats, everything, even NASA had a rocket with one in i think (don't quote me).
They ranged from 3.5 to 5.2 i think and depending on the compression, can go like stink or a bag of s**t.
Posted By: Scooby Re: Opinions Needed Fast : Track Car - 29th Aug 2005 1:29am
Look at this one .......
© Wirral-Wikiwirral